1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Carry 2 keyfobs

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by JD HHI 6092, May 5, 2019.

1. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092 Loaded Pockets

Boath my wife’s and my vehicle have key fobs. I don’t like to hang keys off my belt. Does anybody have a good way to carry 2 fobs in your pocket or a key chain where I can easily remove the fob of the vehicle I’m not driving.

Tony Sal and RED-FIVE like this.
  2. Swan

Swan Loaded Pockets

jag-engr, garza, Water-Rat and 2 others like this.
  3. RED-FIVE
    • +3 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

RED-FIVE Loaded Pockets

Hey JD,
    That sounds similiar to this...
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=maxpedition+gear+tritium+key+ring&ref=is_s

Of course there's other low profile ways to accomplish this using something like keychain gate clips...
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tec+accessories+python+clip&crid=34C5MCZNZRZIH&sprefix=tec+accessories+pitho&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_0_21

There's other clips, most would work fine, just want something that has a good secure lockup on the the spring loaded gate portion, like the Tec Acc Python.

Ha! Swan swooped in !! But yeah we're thinking along the same lines. ;)

garza and Tony Sal like this.
  4. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I have two vehicles with key fobs and I put each on its own s-biner microlock. I only put on the one I’m driving. I also put my keychain knife on one, so if I’m going somewhere it is not allowed, it is quickly removed.

5. JD HHI 6092

JD HHI 6092 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the ideas!

RED-FIVE and Tony Sal like this.
  6. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

Another +1 for the Tec Python. I use a Pangea designs Pickpocket. I have a split ring holding a lanyard in one of the top holes. Then, I clip the keys for one or two vehicles through that split ring using the Tec Python clip. It gets a little bulky with two sets at once, but this setup allows me to choose between the keys I need and remove them from my keys to use in the ignition. It'll also allow me to hang a keyfob outside my pocket while the rest of my keys stay inside my pocket, so I can quickly unlock my car without having to hold the keyfob in my hand.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

+1 on s-biner microlocks! I use NiteIze s-biner micro locks specifically for car keys etc. Usually I use the variation that has a slide lock for each side of the 'S'. The side with the keys is locked; generally the other side is unlocked and hangs off of a belt loop. Works great!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

RED-FIVE likes this.
  8. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

RED-FIVE likes this.
  9. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I have a few of the Cogent Industries (now, "MagnusX") hook-up clips. I have one on my truck remote and one on my remote for my wife's car. I just clip on the remote for whichever vehicle that I will be driving that day.

On some of my pants, I have a coin pocket big enough to carry the remote fob. I put it in that pocket in the same orientation with the button out so that I can use the buttons by feel without removing the fob.

RED-FIVE likes this.