1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Capped pen that takes Pilot G2?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Boudreaux, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Loaded Pockets

So I have really started liking the .38 G2's. The problem is I hate all non capped pens. The plastic G2 bodies break, clicky pens get clicked in my pocket and bleed onto my pants.

So what I am looking for is a capped pen, the cap must secure on (twist), take G2 refill, clip must not be at the very end of the cap (don't want to deep carry in my pocket), would like to have the cap post. The best I have found so far is the Karas Kustom Render K, it looks OK but the cap doesn't post! Not a deal breaker, but I wanted to see if anyone else knew of something better before I pull the trigger.

2. Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes Loaded Pockets

Lots of Manufacturers from Kickstarter, Kara's Customs in Phoenix. Least Expensive is Pilot Metropolitan from Jet Pens (lots of colors under $20), Et alia Most of these are Aluminum with Flat top and Pocket clips. Few have Brass, Copper, and Titanium bodies. The latter choices are more pricey. BigiDesign, sticks in my mind currently on Jet and their web site. I'm a huge 0.38 G2 refill user.
    Inventery is another manufacturer

3. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

You might want to take a look at the Karas Kustoms Galaxie pen, it's in their new Reaktor line. The Galaxie XL takes the Pilot G2 refill, it's got the same clip as the Render K, and the cap is designed to post. The only downside is that it isn't a screw on cap, it's a snap cap, but I've been rocking one for about a week and a half, and the snap is secure. It's not once come off in my shirt or pants pocket. I have it clipped right now on the collar on the outside of a t-shirt, and it doesn't show any sign that the pen would come loose and fall out of the cap. (And I kinda like hearing the "click!" when I snap it shut!) They're available in black, tumbled aluminum, and shiny aluminum with a red or blue nose. They're also on on the cheaper side of Karas' pens at only $45.

4. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

Also, would you be interested in a bolt pen? The deploy mechanism is on the side, so there's much less of a chance that it would open and leak in your pocket. Karas makes a bolt pen that takes the G2 refill, and many people love it, but, as much as I like their other pens, I'm not a fan of that one. I am a huge fan of Tactile Turn's Glider bolt pen that takes the G2 refill. It comes in a variety of metals including copper, brass, titanium, and anodized aluminum in a number of colors. It also has micro grooves all the way down the body for grip. I've found that people either really love or really hate the micro grooves, and I'm in the former category. Lastly, the travel for the bolt deployment is intentionally longer than in most other bolt pens, which helps prevent pocket deployment.

Just another option for you.

5. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

+1 on the Karas models mentioned above. Solid snap cap, no issues with mine.

One more option to consider is the Sunderland MK1. Takes Montblanc fineliner refills or Pilot g2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

+2 on the Tactile Turn Glider--I have the shorter Slider because I prefer using the Schmidt capless rollerball refill, but they are essentially the same except for length. I've never understood some people's objections to the microgrooves. They seem like a necessity on a metal pen to me. If willing to drop more coin, a Waterman Expert is a solid choice.

7. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I was going to suggest the MK1 as well, but the pen does carry pretty low due to the clip design (I actually prefer deeper carry). Also, they are sold out on Sunderland's website. I hope they are just out of inventory and haven't stopped making them. It's one of my favorite pens.