1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Capo and I "Around the World in,,,,,"

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by The Essential Illuminator, Jul 24, 2017.

1. The Essential Illuminator

The Essential Illuminator Loaded Pockets

"CAPO AND I AROUND THE WORLD"

I live in a Condo. Hence the daily walking to keep CAPO satisfied. I have a morning[early] walk and my favorite evening walk where I get to use my Modified torches. Like the hiking trails, my lights also have a rotation.

GOAL: To walk at least 24,900 miles which is the circumference of the Earth.

CAPO is my Siberian Husky.DOB=12.26.2010

These are the Miles/projected Miles. My pedometer was calibrated w/ my Car's odometer.

All my trail hikes are calculated. Added the daily amount to get the weekly averages and so on.

ALL hikes logged and documented to verify which trail I used and also for those minuscule amount[ 19/year] of hikes cancelled due to torrential rain! I actually subtracted 30 hikes/year to get the number 2604 miles per year before I verified that the average was 19/year! CAPO and I are slightly ahead of schedule.

Never missed a hike due to heat or the cold.

BREAKDOWN OF MILES:

DAY=7.44
    WEEK=52.11
    MONTH=217
    YEAR=2604

On July 31, 2017 we will have hiked 14,300 miles.

By 8.31.2021 we will have hiked 24,905 miles........a trip around the World!

CAPO will be 10Y 8M.

As long as he is still healthy, which I hope and believe will be the case,the miles below are beyond "One lap around the world!"

12.31.2021=25,801 CAPO age 11
    12.31.2022=28,405 CAPO age 12
    12.31.2023=30,109 CAPO age 13

I have already subtracted/calculated in more than enough miles for days/nights of torrential rain.

Huskies live 12 to 15 years. I know people whose Huskies have lived 17, 18 and one friends was 19!

Togo[Capo's distant cousin] the lead Dog for Leonhard Seppala[Great serum run of 1925] was 12 years old when they accomplished that remarkable feat.This is a piece of cake compared to what those mushers and dogs were able to do.

I have faith that we will accomplish our goal,,,,,,Only 49 months to go!!!

First photo on 3.18.2011 leaving the breeders!

[​IMG]

Profile picture a few years ago in the snow.
    [​IMG]
    In the Mountains. Lenhartsville, PA....Appalachian trail at the top of the boulder field. He was blinking,,,the sinister look!
    [​IMG]

2. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Huskies are tough dogs!

Have you seen the film Eight Below, about a Husky dog team left marooned at a research base in Antartica? When left behind, the dogs were tied to a chain. Long story short, they get off the chain (except for one dog); 6 of the 8 manage to survive 5 months until the humans are able to return in search of them. It was a move made by Disney; obviously dramatized. Apparently though, it is based on what happened with a Japanese expedition in 1958. Except that in the Japanese expedition, only 2 of 15 dogs were found alive a year later...

Still, even 2 dogs surviving on their own in Antartica is quite something!

is the Wiki link giving more complete info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_Below

Some dogs will pay attention to what is playing on a TV... I wonder how CAPO would react to seeing the film?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

Spiffing project and lovely dog! Gotta love those Husky-eyes

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Essential Illuminator

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Yes I have. When Capo was a puppy someone recommended it and I bought the DVD. I have watched it several times. The one Dog[main character] named Max is what Capo's Fathers name is! Raymond[the breeder] named him that because of the resemblance.

Like other Dogs, Capo actually watches the TV sometimes. One time when I was watching 8 below I was on my loft. He heard the Dogs howling and came running up to the loft. Looking at the TV, Tilting his head back and forth. He has done the same thing when I have played DVD'S that I made of him!

Like Father like son,,,,,,,Capo's Father MAX.

[​IMG]

Moshe ben David and Nick4305 like this.
  6. The Essential Illuminator

Thanks for ALL your comments. Besides being so handsome he also has a great disposition and is loved by all.