1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Can't send PM's

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Feb 9, 2009.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

*1. You must display a valid, non-disposable e-mail in your first post, profile, or signature line to use this forum (you may use an email graphics generator).

2. You must list your nation of residence in your profile to use this forum.

[size=18pt]*
    3. We request that only items related to EDC (every day carry) be advertised. We reserve the right to remove or edit any ad deemed otherwise.

4. No trashing the seller, the seller's asking price, or goods. If you have an issue, address the seller privately via PM or e-mail.

5. It is a seller's responsibility to list item information as ACCURATELY and as FULLY as possible. Sellers who deliberately abuse this forum to misrepresent themselves or the items they sell will be banned. We ask that sellers please consider all feasible shipping options on items for sale.

6. Whether a member is SELLING, BUYING, OR TRADING, he/she should NOT edit out prices on items that have sold, were bought, or were traded NOR edit out any relevant information provided in advertising the sold, bought, or traded items. If this occurs, the member will be contacted, and if it is not rectified, the member's selling privileges will be stripped, and he/she will no longer be allowed to sell on EDCF.

7. Members must indicate in their B/S/T subject titles if/when the item(s) have SOLD, been TRADED, FOUND, or WITHDRAWN (W/D).

8. Items that are listed on multiple boards should be noted in the first post, e.g., "This light has been posted for sale both here and at CPF."

*Regarding the actual sale of an item listed on multiple boards using the "I'll take it" mode of sale, the first "I'll take it" based on post time should be considered the buyer.

*9. While PM's regarding BST items are fine for questions, a publicly-posted "I'll take it" must be posted. PM's may not be used to complete a transaction that originated as a BST thread. This procedure is so that all interested members can see who was first.

10. Listings which solely link or refer to sales taking place on other boards (including auction listings) are not allowed on BST and will be DELETED. If you have an EDC item auction link to share (whether yours or not), please use the Good Finds section.

11. No firearms sales.

12. Patently illegal goods or services may not be peddled here, and threads deemed promoting such will be DELETED.

13. When posting an item for sale or for sale/trade, a price must be listed.

14. Multiple Threads - A member may have no more than one B-S-T thread of each type (FS, FT, WTB, etc.) active at one time. A thread is considered "Active" for 5 days AFTER the "sold," "found," "removed," "traded" or "withdrawn" post. This 5-day time period will allow for delivery and other affiliated activity. Concurrent BST threads will be merged or removed at the discretion of the Staff.

If you often have a number of items for sale, create a "garage sale" thread. It would contain all your current and future sales. Simply add to and bump the same thread as you acquire new items to sell, something like "John Doe's Sale Corner" or the like.

If you don't want to make one ongoing thread as suggested above, make one thread for multiple items rather than several individual threads listing one or two items. If you have new items to sell while another thread is still active, edit your currently running thread to include the new items. (Remember, do not edit out old information or prices as you update your threads.)

15. B/S/T thread titles need to specify that it is a Buy, Sell, or Trade thread, either using those words or the following acronyms: WTB (want to buy), WTS (want to sell), or WTT (want to trade), FS (for sale), FT (for trade).

16. One :bump: per 24 hours is permitted. If this policy is abused, the thread in question may be removed, and the seller's BST privileges revoked.

17. In order to post in the Buy + Sell + Trade area, you must be of LOADED POCKETS (15 posts) status or higher. We are doing this to weed out potential fly-by-night sellers/traders and to encourage people who want to do business here to establish a presence on the boards. [/size]

Feedback (Optional)
    Please see the Feedback System Thread.

***Fine Print***
    *EDCF is not responsible in any way, shape, or form for the veracity of sales thread information. It is the buyer's responsibility to verify the accuracy of the information posted and evaluate the seller's trustworthiness in every transaction. EDCF can not be responsible for transactions gone bad. We encourage you to use the Feedback System. Before you take part in a transaction, check the feedback of the person with whom you wish to buy, sell, or trade. After your transaction is complete, please take the time to leave feedback. Doing so helps acknowledge those members who are reputable and protect other members from dealing with those who may be less scrupulous.

Certain "self-defense" and other concealable EDC items may be considered illegal under some jurisdictions. It is the seller and buyer's responsibilities to check with their local authorities regarding the trade and possession of these items.

2. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

OK, I have tried to send several private messages as well as reply to them, but my messaging box show 0 messages sent. So I do not know if my messages are getting out. I think that they are not because I have not gotten any replies yet.

3. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I looked at your account and can't find anything wrong with it.

I am going to send you a PM see if you can send me one.

4. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

Thanks for looking Jon. Seems to be working now!