1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cant decide. :)

Discussion in 'Knives' started by plague112, May 19, 2016.

1. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

I just got my benchmade mini grip in and its a bit smaller of a knife for my hand, i love the knife i think its a great shape and all that but its just a bit undersized for my ideal knife. so I'm looking to get something a bit bigger, not much but just enough. I don't currently have any zero tolerance and I'm not to keen on frame locks so that limits my choices on them to some degree. I'm trying to keep the cost under $200. One reason I'm not sure on the zt is the slight recurve, I'm not the greatest at sharping lol, and I'm really digging the sheep foot on my mini grip.

Im open to other suggestions but this is where I'm at momentarily. (also not a huge fan of serrated)

Im deciding between:

- Zero Tolerance - 0350
    - Benchmade 940 Osborne
    - Benchmade Griptilian g10/20cv (maybe!)

Daywalker likes this.
  2. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

What about getting a full sized grip then?

RAMBOCAT and Daywalker like this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

+1

Moshe ben David

4. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Go full size.

Sent from a tiny screen...

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I carry an 0350 mainly EDC but I also have several full size Grip' and they are great,I also think the Mini Grip is just too small for me so I carry an 0900 when I want something smaller.

For the way I work every day the Flipper is the answer but YMMV as they say.

You really can not go wrong with any of the 3 you ask about!

Also worth looking at in person if you can is the Spydie Gayle Bradley,you just have to handle one to understand like the Osborne I imagine.

plague112 likes this.
  6. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Aloha plague112

I will +2 the full size Griptillian, and +1 on the Osborne. Worth looking at are the Contego, and also the Spyderco Salt folders. They are not that much bigger than your Mini grip, but the handle fills the hand much better. It also won't corrode, and has that sorta modified sheepsfoot looking blade you're liking! Only downside is H1 scratches easily, but since it cannot rust, the trade off is worth it IMHO.

Have fun choosing and be safe!

RAMBOCAT and plague112 like this.
  7. xrayit

xrayit Loaded Pockets

My current and absolute favorite EDC is the 940 Osborne, I like the blade geometry, fairly large blade length in a relatively thin light weight package. The action is buttery smooth and the lockup / closing action is magic keeping in mind I am a southpaw and most if not all under $200.00 liner / frame locks are right handed. I have a Sebenza 21 left handed model but it really does not carry as well (clip it in and forget it is there) for me as the 940 Osborne and the cost was way over $200.00

plague112 and Daywalker like this.
  8. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

Loving the input. Ill definitely look into the other knives that were noted, only reason I didn't just go for the full griptilian is that there are so many different knives out there and I like trying different knives haha. It may wind up being the one I get but who knows. :p

Dull edge

Daywalker likes this.
  9. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

Trying out different knives is a good thing, maybe not financially, but a good thing none the less.;) BTW, is that an orange KBar Dozier in your avy?

plague112 likes this.
  10. Dustin.G

Dustin.G Loaded Pockets

of those I would go with the 940.....the zt is a touch bulky/heavy for my current taste and the re-curve would give me problems during sharpening. I have a full size grip, its a fine knife but it doesn't give me any fondling pleasure. i don't care for the feel of the handle or the axis lock. ymmv

I haven't owned a 940, but i did sharpen one for my co worker and got to spend an evening fiddling with it. it was a very nice feeling little knife and id love to have one.

plague112 likes this.
  11. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

Good eye. Bought that thing years ago and abuse the heck out of it. Unkillable

Daywalker likes this.
  12. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

;)...I have one wearing a black handle. One of my favorite knife designs. Also the reason I asked, since now I know you're not a brand/steel snob :rofl:, try looking into the Real Steel Knives line. Pretty impressive stuff.
    Be safe!

Adahn and plague112 like this.
  13. Cyclops_hammer

Cyclops_hammer Loaded Pockets

Ive got all 3 of the knives in consideration. both the Benchmades are great blades, but the ZT is a Tank of a knife. The ZT is the only knife id never get rid of. I also have a ZT0360SKD, check it out on SKD tactical

14. plague112

plague112 Loaded Pockets

Part of me wants the zt for that crazy thick blade haha. Also been looking into the zt0770

15. Cyclops_hammer

Cyclops_hammer Loaded Pockets

I like alot of the ZT designs, my only problem is most of them are so dang big. I'm not a little guy but i do prefer a smaller knife usually. Love my mini Grip, ZT0808 and Lionsteel TRE g10 those have been the three I've had in an edc rotation as of late as well as a case peanut. The bigger knifes like the 0350 and such don't get much carry time just do to the size, to big for my edc.

Try looking at the AWT scales for your griptilian it totally changes the feel of the knife before you grab a new knife it might change your mind on it.

16. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Either way, you can't really go wrong. All 3 are good blades.

If you like the full size grip, I'd suggest looking into a H&K 14715. It's made by Benchmade and has the axis lock. The handle is much more ergonomic compared to the rounded egg shape that the grip has. I had both the minigrip and grip, and sold them both when I got my H&K.

I never had a 940 but everyone seems to love them

I love my 200 and 350 by ZT. Heavy yes but I those are two I wont sell.

NOTE: I have a big hand so what fits me might not fit you. Both size grip handles just seem shorter then what they actually are. The H&K solved that problem for me.

Cyclops_hammer likes this.
  17. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

Go to a store that has a large selection of knives and pick the size you want. I'm not saying, buy it there, just get the size right.

18. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

I'm still unsure if I want to try the RSK E775 or the E571. A button lock knife for around $60 sounds nice though...

kdurt likes this.
  19. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT Loaded Pockets

I'd go with the frame lock. I trust button locks about as far as I can throw my car.

20. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

For a gentleman's knife it's safe enough, for tough jobs a fixed is the best choice anyways.

plague112 likes this.