1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Can you UNDERpack a messenger bag?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GQkudzu, Mar 25, 2014.

1. GQkudzu

GQkudzu Loaded Pockets

Just wondering...

I've been eying the 5.11 Rush Delivery Lima. I've also been considering an 11.6-inch Chromebook. From the YouTube videos I've watched, the messenger bags seem fairly rigid even when empty, but I was just curious if, over time, they tend to fold or otherwise "carry funny" if one packs a laptop considerably smaller than what the bag is capable of.

I know I could go with a Mike, too, but I will periodically carry my work laptop in there, too, so I want to keep that option.

2. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I have the vanquest envoy, and the 1000d nylon construction is enough to allow it to stand upright while completely empty.

It might depend a bit on how big the base of the bag is, however.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

GQkudzu likes this.
  3. Ipsa

Ipsa Empty Pockets

I have that said Chromebook, and I love the size of it... but I also hate the size of it at the same time! I have tried to carry it in many different messenger bags and your right, they never carry right. I currently keep mine in a Maxped Colossus in the back pocket.

GQkudzu likes this.
  4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I frequently carry a clipboard in the back of my Timbuk2 messenger bag. It takes up very little space, frequently comes in handy, and helps the bag keep its shape.

GQkudzu and tmedina like this.
  5. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

The Rush Deliver is pretty small, and quite rigid, given its construction. I don't think you'll have any problem.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

6. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Well, the answer is: Rush Delivery Lima is not really a messenger bag. It's more like a portfolio/briefcase of really interesting design.
    So no, it won't carry funny. In fact, the less stuff you have inside, the better it will carry. :)

That said, true messengers don't have too much problem with having not enough things in them (which is most of time since many messenger bags are HUGE), the only discomfort that might arise from this is that they will flop around a bit.

7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Can you UNDERpack a messenger bag?

Nope. Not me. Clearly:rolleyes: