1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Can Google Host Photos?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by mike3145, Nov 12, 2016.

1. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

I've not posted pictures because I don't have one of the hosting accounts and since Google is nice enough to back up pictures from my phone I was wondering if there is a way to use Google Photos to host photos?

Anyone know?

2. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Yes, google can host pictures but getting them to show up in a forum like this can be challenging.

Might i recommend you give imgur.com a try? You don't need to register any kind of account or anything, just upload your picture from any device or online source and you can post it here.

3. rbent

rbent Loaded Pockets

Here is one that was autouploaded to my Google Photos. I used the 'copy image address' into the [ img ] tags.

[​IMG]

4. The Sixth Beatle

The Sixth Beatle Loaded Pockets

I don't see the image, just a grey "No entry" sign. There is "something" there though as the forum s/w is rendering it. Possibly a permissions problem ?

I use Dropbox for images; there's a public folder and anything in there is viewable by everyone. On the Mac (and I suspect windows too) you can right click the file and select "copy public link" then paste that into the image tags.

5. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Here's how we see that;
    [​IMG]

And thats my point exactly, you have to mess about with settings and stuff to make google images work. And even if you do get em to function properly chances are they all become unavailable again when google decides to make changes to policy or do a random update.

Have you checked out imgur?