1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cameras

Discussion in 'Photography EDC' started by scríbhneoir, May 25, 2018.

1. poe47

poe47 Loaded Pockets

Google Pixel 2.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

kikaida, Gary Gross and MCPOWoller like this.
  2. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I will be upgrading my Nikon D3100 to a Nikon D5600 this month. I figured I would stay with a crop sensor camera for the time being since I'm not a pro, and don't need the full frame or weather sealing. I'll keep my D3100 since it still takes very good pictures, but I want more megapixels of the D5600 so I can crop more freely, and the NFC and bluetooth connectivity. Of course, I shoot in RAW and upload after post.

For on the spot photos and videos, I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S8+ camera, and when possible, I mount it on my DJI Osmo Mobile 2 smart phone gimbal.

MCPOWoller likes this.
  3. onebadwagon

onebadwagon Loaded Pockets

Iphone or a 5d classic

4. Jethr0

Jethr0 Loaded Pockets

Fixed. Taken with my canon 5dmkiv this past weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

poe47 and MCPOWoller like this.
  5. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

How do we take picture of our camera? LOL!

6. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

Point and shoot Canon A710. Nikon D5600

MCPOWoller likes this.
  7. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

From here

https://www.edcforums.com/threads/any-photography-nerds-whats-your-kit.124441/#post-2066831

Post is almost 4 years old but still accurate aside from the fact that I just blew another shutter and just got it back

"Everytime I leave the house with the kids my minimalist or full kit comes with me.

Bare minimum;

[​IMG]

• Nikon D700
    • Nikon MB-D10 vertical grip
      • 8 Sanyo Eneloop AA's
    • Nikon DK-19 eye cup
    • Nikkor 50mm 1.4
    • SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB CF card
    • Optech Custom Classic strap
    • Crumpler Four Million Dollar Home bag
    LOVE this setup, use it as much as I can. Been running it for years and have little to no interest in 'upgrading'. When the shutter died a few years ago I spent the few hundred bucks to get it replaced as opposed to trying to finagle a new camera. My two older kids were very active with dance (daughter) and board sports (son) so fps with big buffer and high low noise ISO were #1 and #2 on my want list and this rig delivers."

In regards to picture thread perhaps we get this thread moved into this new sub?

https://www.edcforums.com/threads/any-photography-nerds-whats-your-kit.124441/

kikaida and MCPOWoller like this.
  8. kensington

Some of my faves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FLbeachbum, poe47, Gary Gross and 2 others like this.
  9. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

My main camera is a Canon 6D, usually paired with a 35mm f2, 70-200 f2.8, or a Sigma 24-105mm f4
    I have a Rebel SL1 that I use for hiking or when I need to run something small and lightweight.

10. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

If you don't have another camera, you can do what I did: Use your smart phone to take a picture of it. I used my old Samsung Galaxy S4 to take a picture of my camera. When my new D5600 comes in, I'll use my D3100 to take a picture of it.

[​IMG]

ran23, poe47 and Adam Ng like this.
  11. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Wow! Those are some beautiful pics. As for keeping your D700, you shoot what you're good on. I've seen so many articles that it's not the camera, its the photographer, and your pics certainly prove that. The only reason I'm upgrading is because I would like some of the newer features like wireless capability, etc.

I made a beginner mistake and went and bought the Nikkor 50mm 1.8G, and then realized the focal length was too long because I have a crop sensor, so I went and got the Nikkor 35mm 1.8G, which is slightly better indoors. I'll keep the 50mm for outdoors where distance isn't a problem. On my wishlist is that new Tamron 70-200mm lens, which is supposedly just as good as that $2800 Nikkor 70-200mm. Or maybe that new Tamron monster, the 18-400mm lens.

12. Isla TX

Isla TX Loaded Pockets

13. Isla TX

Isla TX Loaded Pockets

Be careful with all in one lenses that cover that great a focal length. Used to be they had trouble with accurate focus. Btw, there is a company online that sells great used equipment - KEH. I've bought lenses from them before and been really pleased with them .

kikaida likes this.
  14. Spartan857

Spartan857 Loaded Pockets

15. kensington

The 50 1.8 is a keeper for sure, much less expensive than the 35 1.8 unless it was the 50 with built in focus motor, then yeah, that one is expensive. 50's are hardly ever a mistake, everyone should have one.

Love my Nikkor 70-200 2.8, even at new retail it has been worth every penny, I have had mine for probably 12 years now.

Yeah, with my style of shooting and interest it is more about the camera making up for my shortcomings because I just do not have the time to hone the craft or master post processing. Like I said for me it's about high fps with a big buffer, high ISO with low noise and manageable file size.

At this time I have no interest in video or wireless.

Since I have been shooting, almost 14 years, I have 3 lenses;

50mm 1.4
    17-35mm 2.8
    70-200mm 2.8

Fast glass is awesome and worth every penny in my opinion. The 50 and 17-35 I bought used. The only other lens(es) I have been thinking about adding would be tilt shift (I think that perspective is awesome) or a 300mm or longer but fast for Air Shows or Auto Racing. I just don't shoot enough of anything that would need those lenses plus they are uber expensive.

16. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I shoot a fairly early Canon digital.
    Mostly use a 28-55 kit lense for watch pictures. When I get home I'll come back and say which camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MCPOWoller likes this.
  17. dan.05

dan.05 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] at the moment I shoot with this Nikon D3400. It has a added grip plate at the base with room for 2 batteries. I use a Nikor 300mm for track days and when I want a wide shot I got for the Nikor 15-55mm.

Some shots from this camera
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gary Gross, MCPOWoller and kikaida like this.
  18. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Canon Rebel Digital XTi is what I'm shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

19. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Got my Nikon D5600 earlier this month, and I'm liking the wireless connection to my phone using the Snapbridge app. Although Snapbridge app was hell to set up at first. I followed all the directions perfectly and it would not connect. Finally on the 4th try of doing the exact same thing, it connected. Snapbridge is nice when it works. Then there was an update and I lost connection with the camera. I had to uninstall and reinstall Snapbridge and this time, it paired on the first try. Snapbridge definitely is a work in progress and needs to be improved.

I also picked up a brand new Nikon Nikkor AF-P 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 VR lens off of eBay for cheap. The new AF-P lenses are pin sharp, but won't work on my D3100. Went to the zoo the other day to test out the lens and I was pleasantly surprised at how sharp this lens is. Much better than my AF-S 55-200mm VR (which isn't that good). Good daylight lens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary Gross likes this.
  20. MCPOWoller
    • +1 Supporter

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

You certainly know your craft generating such awesome images while using from the lower end of Nikon’s DSLR lineup.