1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Camera Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by DoggyDaddy, Sep 22, 2009.

1. DoggyDaddy

DoggyDaddy Empty Pockets

I use a digital SLR camera & a film SLR quite a lot & usually carry a couple of extra lens, battery pack & sundry bits & pieces. I'd be interested in any ideas for a bag that anyone out there uses & likes for such goodies

2. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

i've seen a picture in Flickr of someone using a 5.11 Tactical RUSH 24 as a camera backpack. He just used this to protect his gear.

this one's using a Colossus.

i'm currently using a Maxped Jumbo as my camera bag. Used to alternate it with my 5.11 PUSH Pack. I use an Etsumi Cushion Box for protection.

Items inside include:

1 Sony a200 with Kit Lens
    1 50mm 1.8 Lens
    Cables, Chargers
    Lens Pen
    Flash Hotshoe
    Cokin Filter and Adapter
    1 CPL Filter
    1 Popup Flash Diffuser
    the water bottle pouch is used to hold an extra shirt.

3. Exmasonite

Exmasonite Loaded Pockets

i just posted this link in another thread but it applies here

LowePro bags

this is the link to backpacks but they have a whole bunch of stuff, camera specific and otherwise.... less tacticool and really high quality.

4. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY Loaded Pockets

Crumpler's million dollar home bag

5. sbiner

sbiner Loaded Pockets

just a heads up, having a camera bag yells "I HAVE EXPENSIVE GEAR ON ME". Personally, I use the camera that came with my bag and I stuff it in a backpack. Economical and it keeps me low-profile.

6. DoggyDaddy

DoggyDaddy Empty Pockets

Good tip Shiner, I hadn't thought about it that way :)

7. Elmo

Elmo Loaded Pockets

a never ending dilemma.

my latest idea:
    • use Billingham [or equivalent] padded pouches for camera and lens,
    [​IMG]

• carry in some sort of PAL compatible pod or pouch like this one from Kifaru
    [​IMG]

8. Radio Cambodia

Radio Cambodia Empty Pockets

Tenba Messenger Bag, everytime! O0

9. aegri_mentis

aegri_mentis Loaded Pockets

To answer your question the completely opposite way you want it answered, I used to use a camera bag to carry an extra magazine, a knife, multi-tool, and a flashlight when that was all I carried.
    It went on my belt, and everyone simply thought I was carrying camera equipment.

10. b3nd053r

b3nd053r Empty Pockets

I use a County Comm BOB lined with 1" foam padding on bottom of bag from Hobby Lobby as a start. The bag can hold the camera, lenses, water bottles, even a 10.1" Acer Aspire ONE netbook at once.

Then, I custom sized/cut 5" foam padding (also from Hobby Lobby) to my Sony A100 camera & whatever lenses I'm carrying that day. I then encase the camera/lenses/foam in a Hefty Jumbo, 2.5 gallon zip lock bag to weatherproof the equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The bag doesn't scream "expensive camera equipment inside" and is small enough to bring anywhere. And, it's modular and cheap.

11. chicken0207

chicken0207 Loaded Pockets

I use a cheap bag leftover from my dad's Big photography purchase, he bought a nice dslr and it came with a free case. I use it to hold my video equipment.

This is what i keep inside of it
    Sony DCR-SR45 camcorder
    usb cable
    video out cables
    edirol r-09 digital audio recorder
    azden ecz-990
    Spare battery's for the mic, camera, and recorder
    Two 2 gig sd cards and a 256mb just in case
    A 10' mini audio cable
    A couple of usb cable extenders
    some pens, pencils, a sharpie, and a hi lighter
    camera power cable

Thats about it

Chicken0207

12. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I carry a Lowepro all weather bag - a Magnum 200, I think. I realize that it advertises the fact that I have expensive equipment. I also wear my SigArms Precision Firearms cap to let anyone looking know that I won't let it go easily.

13. Z28Ken

Z28Ken Empty Pockets

New guy here, but a photographer, so have about 10 too many camera packs. Have you taken a peek at Think Tank Photo bags? I've become a fan of the bags for their well thought out designs which make them very easy to shoot out of as well as really having a very low profile that doesn't gather attention.

14. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

About bags made specifically for cameras attracting unwanted attention, you may remove any "Lowepro" or whatever labels and most people will not see it as a camera bag.

15. ethernectar

ethernectar Empty Pockets

:iagree:

16. iomatic

iomatic Loaded Pockets

You can use any messenger bag or backpack (a discussion worthy of exploring the pros and cons of each) and use a Tenba insert or a Billingham insert. I would avoid Domke inserts as they don't have protective bottoms, and are not very reconfigurable.

17. dodge_911

dodge_911 Loaded Pockets

I'm getting one of those Tenba inserts for my Maratac bag :)

18. chappel

chappel Loaded Pockets

I used a LowePro slingshot 100 (one of the smaller ones) for a couple years, and really liked it, but then upgraded from a nikon d40x with just a 18-200 to a d700 and a 70-200 f2.8, 14-24 f2.8, 50mm and 105mm macro and a couple flashes and frequently a tripod and just outgrew the bag. I loved the convenience of the 'sling' design, with the quick and easy access to the contents, but I'm hesitant to just get a bigger one, since I don't think the weight of my extra gear will comfortably ride on a single strap.

I've also been looking at the thinktank bags, but haven't settled on one yet. This one is currently on the 'possible' list - http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/streetwalker-harddrive-backpack.aspx

I haven't been too worried about getting a bag that looks like I have expensive camera gear; the fact I typically have the big-:censored: camera and lens in my hand kinda gives that away.

Anyone who hasn't gone quite so insane buying photo gear care to provide a good home to a well-traveled LowePro slingshot?

19. sanddragger28

sanddragger28 Empty Pockets

Check out the Colossus

20. Swoosh

Swoosh Loaded Pockets

Just got a colossus to house my EOS 500D. Hopefully with room for the other bits and bobs we all like to carry. Should be here any day now. Will post some pics and small review with first impressions.