1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CamelBak Urban Assault Concealment Variant

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TARFU, Nov 13, 2011.

1. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Came across this after reading the Urban Assault thread. I thought I'd been living under a rock because I hadn't heard about this one. But, after watching the video, now I know why.

Only sold to LEO and Military?!# Big fail on Camelbak if that's true. 5.11 didn't put that restriction on the COVRT 18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2AHmun8Y4

2. WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911 Loaded Pockets

That's lame. Reminds me of that ATF video of the guy telling everyone that he's the only one in the room professional enough to handle a Glock. Right before he accidentally shoots himself.

It's a backpack. Why bother to restrict it? Maybe to increase demand by decreasing supply - like a lot of the "top tier" pack companies do? I mean, you can still get one if you look around. They just are making it a bit harder.

3. HybridMomentsPass

when I was looking at purchasing a bag I looked at these, you CAN still buy them without being LEO, just got to look around the internet some
    I ended up not going this route cause I wanted more space (XL)

4. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

it's oogly. i wouldn't want it anyway

5. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Why don't we email Camelbak and tell them we are unhappy they are punishing law abiding gun owners?

6. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

Man, that is a really bad marketing plan. I don't carry off-body and don't know ANY LEOs who carry off-body. If they are restricting that to them only, I bet they don't sell many. Good luck finding a cop that is going to put his or her gun in a big, ugly "steal me, I contain an IPAD" backpack.

7. medic2807

medic2807 Loaded Pockets

8. cerbera147

cerbera147 Loaded Pockets

That's just weird.

Some retailers in the UK will not sell the Ka Bar USMC knife to civilians, yet others do.

Are they just making it up as they go?

9. Burncycle

Burncycle Loaded Pockets

I see they say that it's by Camelbak's request but US Cav is pretty bad about that in general. They wouldn't sell me pepper spray (and the stuff wasn't even as powerful as fox) without being LEO or military.

You had to get the watered down stuff, you know, because why would your daughter need the REAL stuff? She's not LEO or Mil, so her life isn't as important...

I walked out and went to another store down the street that sold it to me no problem.

10. edcer

edcer Loaded Pockets

I can buy any other pack from them,so why not this one?
    I see Camelbak's HQ is in Petaluma, CA.
    I believe that is in Sonoma County,from my quick read, it is almost impossible for an average guy to get a permit there.
    I suspect their political views may not be pro citizen concealed carry.
    I can't think of any other logical reason for restricting sales to LE.

11. mdfounta

mdfounta Loaded Pockets

Good find Tarfu. A question: He says "LEO" and "Concealed Handgun License" holders... does that mean anyone with a CHL can purchase one? A couple of points on the bag. I like the look of it, especially the black on black. But the internal belt system seems difficult in comparison to the covrt 18 system. The swing around access of the covrt 18 seems more feasible (to me) for quick access into the pocket, if carrying in the bag. I like the colored zipper tags and the extra conceal point in the lower back of the bag. Overall, I feel like the covrt 18 was more thoughtfully designed, than the camelbak bag (with the exception of the bottle holders on the side). Any thoughts?

12. andyhuk

andyhuk Loaded Pockets

I really do not understand their mentality behind this, I can buy a CBRN Camelbak off them without restriction, but it doesn't mean I'm gonna be running around with some biohazard stuff does it?!