1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Camelbak TransFormer - have anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ambaal, May 10, 2010.

1. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

I've been eyeing Transformer for a while now: seems to be a decent solution for EDC, especially I like the ability to add stuff to kit by simply adding a pouch

Unfortunately, internet somewhat lacks in pictures for this curious implement, so has anyone actually seen this in person? Or have any real-life pictures of it?

2. brickfist

brickfist Empty Pockets

3. Twodogsbob

Twodogsbob Empty Pockets

Hey there, great! I've only just signed up and can be of some help already! I've been using a transformer for a year or so, and love it! I'm pretty sure you'll find a review on here somewhere with plenty of feed back, but as for pictures of the little beastie..........

All pouches attached:
    [​IMG]
    From the side with all pockets attached:
    [​IMG]
    The (comfy) carry straps with the waist belt stowed in the elastic pouches (nice touch):
    [​IMG]
    With the small back pouch removed:
    [​IMG]
    With the large main pocket removed:
    [​IMG]
    All the seperate bits together:
    [​IMG]
    I love this bag, really tough, well made, and expandable by adding more pouches if needed.
    Hope that helps some, regards, 2DB

4. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

I had one for awhile, and it works as advertised, and it held everything I carry, but it was just to small for my EDC needs. I liked it, but it just wasn't "right" for me, so I sold it. I think I have some pics of it somewhere, I'll look tonight.

5. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

What's the inside of the pouches looks like? Is there any internal organisation? Can small pouch act as an organiser that can be moved to a different bag if need be?

And thanks for replies, guys, this backpack is eating me brains for about a month now. :)

6. Twodogsbob

Twodogsbob Empty Pockets

Okay....
    The main pack has a full size hydration pocket and a little zipped pocket on the back accessable via zips on both sides.
    There is also a small pocket on the bottom of the compression panel which contains a two colour waterproof cover.
    The large pouch has one plain compartment and a slim organiser pocket on the front.There s no means to attach it to any other bag.
    The small pouch is split in two by a mesh divider with two seperate zip entries, again, no means to attach it to any other pack.
    Hope that helps...
    2DB

7. brickfist

brickfist Empty Pockets

Thanks Twodogsbob!

8. Twodogsbob

Twodogsbob Empty Pockets

9. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

I have had mine for about 6 years now. Used it for two, and was really never happy with the small pack it came with. I ended up buying a SpecOps T.H.E. Pack and a Camelbak Storm to use together, and have since added a Stormtracker large unikit, a SpecOps supersheath mounted on shoulder strap for the leatherman, a MilspecMonkey utility/admin pouch, and a Zulu Nylon Gear Frago pouch to it. I now have all the organization I need on the outside and plenty of room on the inside for food and clothes for the campouts and long hikes.

10. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

I lied, I have no pics. I went through all the pics on my memory card, and no Transformer. I was looking for pics of my son; he graduates high school in 3 weeks, and they needed pics for his slide show. Anyways, I did not see the Transformer. Sorry.

11. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

That's OK.
    Actually, as a topic started I'm completely satisfied with this thread: tons of information and pictures. As a result, I've decided to lay off the transformer and get something else, another Ambush or HAWG, perhaps.
    Love camelbak backpacks.