1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Buzzbait's Guide to Water Bottles

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Buzzbait, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Even the flip-lid? As I mentioned about a dozen posts back, I was able to use the flip-lid on various bottles without leaks.

2. Blackheart

Sorry for a double-post...

3. ipsilateral

ipsilateral Empty Pockets

Yup, leaks awfully for me and they even lost the sip lid and straw lid as not being leak proof.

4. Matthew Hess

Matthew Hess Loaded Pockets

I've seen the Yeti and it looks beefy, but I'm not a fan of drinking out of a monster large opening. So far it doesn't look like they make a lid with a "normal" sized opening for drinking and I have no idea what caps work with that one.

I did see recently that Camelbak has finally gotten on board with the steel insulated flasks and I have to say I definitely like the design of the bottle and the cap. I already have the Chute cap on my Hydroflask so I'm part way there. My wife picked up the smaller one and she likes it a lot. The only disappointment is that they didn't follow the lead of one of the other no-namers and make a lip inside the bottle for a tea-infuser basket insert. This is an awesome feature I have in an Eco Vessel Bigfoot bottle I picked up on Amazon. Why other botles haven't caught this and started doing it is beyond me.

5. giuaconmua

giuaconmua Empty Pockets

I wonder if there is any neoprene sleeve for my Klean Kanteen Widemouth Insulated 20oz, to prevent damage from dropping on the floor... :-?

RogerStenning likes this.
  6. giuaconmua

giuaconmua Empty Pockets

[double post]

7. Blackheart

Arrrrgggghh... Double post.

8. Blackheart

They (KK) do have an insulated carrier for a 20oz. bottle with webbing and a drawstring top that would cushion an impact.

9. Dr_C.

Dr_C. Empty Pockets

Just wanted to thank OP for starting this thread and putting a lot of good information out there. I always find that the manufacturers' descriptions of things and the shop listings are always missing the sorts of details I want to see. I am now daily using a 20 US fl.oz Insulated KK with the bail top for Pepsi Max and a 24 US fl.oz HF, swapping between the carabiner lid and the KK sport cap for water and a 16 US fl.oz KK Insulated wide for coffee. All working great for their specific tasks

10. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I know this is an old thread but I’ve seen some questions about the lack of compatibility of capcap lid and Hydroflask, so I thought I would share a couple of alternatives that I discovered.
    Both Takeya Originals Bottle Spout Lid and Simple Modern Insulated Summit Bottle Wide Mouth Sports Lids seemed to work without leaking on my Hydroflask wide mouth.