1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Buzzbait's Guide to Water Bottles

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Buzzbait, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bnbstrategies

bnbstrategies Empty Pockets

Thanks for the clarification and your awesome review. This is something everyone can edc. Great thread.

2. aldo_vic_t

aldo_vic_t Loaded Pockets

Brilliant guide! Thanks Buzzbait!

3. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

Nice and frosty...

[​IMG]

4. bnbstrategies

bnbstrategies Empty Pockets

Thanks again just got my 20oz Klean Kanteen insulated, love it. Next I want the small one for soup/stew/chili.
    I still might get a neo sleeve for it for grip, dent, and possible enhancing the insulating time.

5. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

After eying the 16 ounce insulated K.K. for a while for my morning cup of joe at work I ended up grabbing a good ole Stanley 1.1 quart from W Mart for only $20. My initial fear was that since I only need to transport 16 to 18 oz to work the excess open air would let it cool too much. WRONG, even after a few hours contents are steamy hot. Yes I do preheat before filing ;~)

http://www.shopstanley-pmi.com/product/7190

6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I am a fan of Klean Kanteen....but I have lost the top twice. There has to a better way?

7. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have about everything they make. ( Classic 27 oz, with loop cap being my fav) My problem is that I need some type of swivel to attach a lanyard to the cap, for the twisting. If that makes sense? When i do everything gets all twisted and annoying. Simply unscrewing and having the cap a separate part has casued some problems.

9. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

Oh... I like those! My next purchase as well as find a stainless steel pitcher that I like. I'd like to get rid of the plastic ones I currently have.

10. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

OK, ive been after a cap now for my bottle for gee, 6 months? i can not find anything that will fit, ive also been after the company to make a new one for the same length of time, yet they have been saying there working on it and will be out with something next month, well that was 6 months ago, i found a pic and was wondering if anyone knows what the cap is? any info would be appreciated, thank you JR
    [​IMG]

11. eggzoomin

eggzoomin Loaded Pockets

Regarding chlorination of water, if you do find your tap supply has that "swimming pool" taste/ smell, this can be removed by leaving an open jug of water in the fridge to stand for a few hours - the chlorine will evaporate out without any need to filter. It does mean regularly refilling the jug though, which can be be a bit of a pain.

12. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

That's from the "Hydro Flask" folks - you can find an article about the company with that photo here.

Company website here: Hydroflask.com.

I don't see that particular cap listed, so it might be worth your time to email them. I don't think the cap pictured will fit the KKs though; that's the HF "growler" at 64 oz, which is supposed to be wider than the KK sized "normal". But it can't hurt to ask.

-Trevor

13. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Yeah i have 3 hydroflask, two that are wide mouth, but the other is a 40oz reall wide mouth, that has the same as the "growler" and im tiered of opening and closing the large mouth every time i want a drink, ive asked them about that one thats shown in that pic, and they said that they changed that one to something else, (the one they have now) but also ive been after them to make a new cap like the smaller ones, and all i keep getting is, "oh yeah were working on it we should have a new one out in a month or so" well its been like 6 months, and im still waiting, and nothing else that i can find will fit, JR

14. rmojo

rmojo Loaded Pockets

15. Todesfrosch

Todesfrosch Loaded Pockets

I just received a klean kanteen 40oz wide bottle but the humangear capcap does not fit properly, also the original cap does not sit straight on the top but it is watertight. Did anyone else had that problem or do i have a bottle with a fabrication error ?

16. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I think you might have an error.. I have the same and have no problems with caps although cap cap tended to drip once in a great while

17. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Last year I bought the 40 oz single wall and a capCap, leaks. time to buy my first Nalgene?

18. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

A few months back I tried KK with various caps. None sealed great, returned them all to REI and stuck with Naglene + stock cap (hate the inserts).

19. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

The CapCap and Klean Kanteen is a known issue - you can, with time and patience, get it to fit on the bottle with no leaks. But it's a royal pain, at least for me. You can browser this thread and find other references to the KK/CapCap leak problem.

I need to check out the Hydrosplash bottles - the wide mouth line is supposed to be able to take a Nalgene standard cap. If the cap fits easily, I may end up buying one.

-Trevor

20. Sushi

Sushi Loaded Pockets

Buzzbait,

Fantastic guide. I'm also fascinated with the thread of discussion that it has generated.

You have answered questions that I didn't even know that I had!

Well, I may have missed it in your discussions but, do you have and experience with titanium bottles? I know the price point is a bit painful. I've heard that a lot of the cleaning and aftertaste problems just don't exist with titanium.