1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Buying a Victorinox watch.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Ben Rubinstein, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Ben Rubinstein

Hi folks.

I'm pretty much ready to pull the trigger on a Victorinox Infantry Chronograph 241567. It has the perfect mix of features and looks for my needs. Added to that I just got a wage rise (albeit slight) and decided to treat myself! :)

Here's the issue. The watch seems to be $323 in some places. $550 everywhere else. The difference? The Victorinox 3 year warranty. The other place comes with an a (asurion) 2 year warranty. On the one site reviews for the watch there is a review documenting what that warranty means and it isn't pretty. Victorinox seems to have a world class warranty service.

$220 is a whole lot of difference though. Certainly takes the watch out of my price bracket. Heck it almost is my price bracket in of itself!

So question for the knowledgeable folks here. Does anyone know where I can get that kind of price with the real warranty or if there are reputable places that will price match, even to close? Or indeed any other advice?

Thanks!

2. ruudr

ruudr Loaded Pockets

Well I can help you on this one. I work for Victorinox and also selling the watches. Every Victorinox comes with a warranty card with 3 years of international warranty. The regular retail price of this watch is +-$500. The watch has saphire cristal glass with 2 layers of anti reflective coating and a reliable Ronda chronograph movement and is 100 meter water resistant but I wont recomment this because of the leather strap.
    I woudn't thrust the $220.- cheaper watch though. Could well be you will get a brick in the mail :)

Hope this will help with your discission.

3. Ben Rubinstein

Bit confused. There are plenty of these watches being sold by Amazon, fulfilled by Amazon but specifically without the victorinox warranty. Amazon do not ship bricks or fake watches. They do sell grey market however, hence the warranty.

4. ruudr

ruudr Loaded Pockets

Well i've heard there were also some fake Spyderco's sold by Amazon... Doesn't say I dont buy from Amazon. :)

5. Jwindh1

Jwindh1 Loaded Pockets

Do what you have to do to get the victorinox. I have a few nice watches but never thought one would take the place of my marathon, until my wife got me an air boss.

ruudr likes this.
  6. ruudr

ruudr Loaded Pockets

The Air Boss series is cool! Already looked at the Dive Master Automatic series?
    [​IMG]

Gary Gross likes this.
  7. Ben Rubinstein

I've got my eye set on the Infantry Chronograph myself.

8. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

So wish that Victorinox made their watches in bigger form factor too. 45mm +.

9. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

I think Victorinox really did something special with the INOX. Hoping one day I can get my hands on one,

10. Civilian

Civilian Loaded Pockets

How are their lumes? I too like the INOX, but the lume-factor is a big deal (at least to me) if I am going to invest in a non-digital time piece.

11. Jwindh1

Jwindh1 Loaded Pockets

I had the inox and returned it for the air boss

12. captain howdy

captain howdy Loaded Pockets

Love my chrono Classic. Have been eyeing a maverick just haven't commited yet. I've had quite a few Vic watches over the course of 20 years and never had any issues.

13. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

Why did you decide to do so? Was there something you did not like about the INOX?
    I'm asking because I'm interested in the INOX myself.

14. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

As a primary Shopper of Amazon Prime (2 day free shipping on any Prime product) I do about 99.9999% of my shopping there INCLUDING knives. However, it's the responsibility of the consumer to check the "provider" of the product and their reviews. If it's coming from Amazon themselves then I guarantee it's legit. If it's Joe and Bob's tackle shop then I would check it out first.

15. hawkeye-

hawkeye- Loaded Pockets

I have two Swiss Army Originals; one tan, one black. Strictly to "Class up" for court or when my G-Shock's in the washer (Not Joking. Gentle wash, no bleach, hang to dry) They're nice watches, Victorinox knows how to make em. I'm looking to buy another watch for the rotation, maybe an H3.....

16. Jwindh1

Jwindh1 Loaded Pockets

I liked the inox but already have multiple beefy, utilitarian style watches. I wanted something a little sleeker.

MikeFromGermany likes this.