1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Buy a flashlight and help a charity

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Sharpdogs, May 30, 2007.

1. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

I am not sure if this has been discussed over here but I found out about on CPF. Looks a like an interesting concept and apparently is doing some good. I also like that the list of charities that you can choose to help include our soldiers overseas. You can check it out here http://www.bogolight.com/index.php.

2. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

Mine arrived today. Initial impressions are positive. The battery installment was a little bit of pain since I needed a small phillips head screw drive (LM Squirt to the rescue), but this is not too big of an issue since the batteries are supposed last 2 years of use. The light was pretty bright. I expect much less output for solar powered light. I have the light charging in the window. I will see how it performs after it has a full day in the sun to charge. Looks like I will be buying a few for Christmas gifts.

3. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I'm one of the evaluators for this light. I'm positively impressed with what this light can do.

The only drawback is that it's not waterproof, so you have to be very careful to not get it wet. The water entry point is in the switch, but the company is working on a fix.

4. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

GreenLED:

I read your posts on CPF. It's why I decided to purchase one (and probably a few more). Thanks. The light has been charging all day. I will see how bright it is tonight.

5. kamkazmoto

kamkazmoto Empty Pockets

Any more information about the brightness and/or performance of the light?

6. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I'm glad my comments have helped, Sharpdogs.

Kamkazmoto, the testing is on-going. I managed to kill the unit I had so I can't provide you with beamshots or brightness comparisons. From what I remember, though, the beam is very wide and bright enough that it should be sufficient for walking around and doing normal stuff for a couple of hours.

Here's the CPF thread with more details.

7. kamkazmoto

kamkazmoto Empty Pockets

Thanks for the link. It looks like a great light for its intended use.