1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bullet Space Pen with clip or raw ?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by jemadux, Dec 23, 2017.

1. rat-7

rat-7 Loaded Pockets

I usually carry mine in my jeans pocket but I have the clip JB Welded on for when it's needed.

RoadWizard likes this.
  2. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Clipped in a pocket, within another pocket. Nothing would get lost if the clip came off. So far (about 3 years) that hasn't happened. (It's the black one so the texture might help.)

3. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I’ve always had a clip on as an anti-roll device, but I’ve never pocket-clipped the Space Pen. I have clipped it into a suit coat pocket on occasion, but never pants pockets.

4. Macgirl

Macgirl Loaded Pockets

Naked. It lives in my Tom Bihn pouch BooBoo kit.

5. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

Keep clip or you will lose the pen. I have lost two from pockets. Bear the slight disruption to the style of the pen or be prepared to buy several as they literally slip out of your shorts as you cross the creek; fall out of your shirt pocket as you lean forward to tie your boot laces; or slip out of your pants as you take a well earned rest on a rock...

Tbzbbt

6. Willy

Willy Loaded Pockets

Never got a clip for mine. Don't think they had clips 25 yrs ago when I bought it.

7. Medic1

Medic1 Loaded Pockets

Unreliable clip and the pen was gone so i carry my bullet pen innmy edc bag or pocket.

8. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Empty Pockets

My first one I had, I used the clip to stop it from rolling away. My wife lost that one at Costco. My replacement that didn't come with a clip still resides in my jacket pocket. Still miss the clip from time to time. Especially when my pen is rolling away from me.
    Johnny

9. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

So, I was lookin' for the most recent images I had of my Fisher Millennium Space Pen (and I've had 1 out of a total of 3 of 'em more or less for almost 20 years), and couldn't remember where I posted it. Anyway, like the Böker Plus Tactical Pen K.I.D. CAL .50, I usually keep the Millennium in a pants pocket, even though it has a clip on it. I rarely use the Fisher clip (since they can get bent outta shape pretty easily if the pen gets snagged somehow), yet I keep the clip on. And the Millennium's sorta the oldest incarnation of the current Infinium, and both are like the bullet space pen's bigger, non-refillable bro. If you're interested (as a tangent), I shared more info about the Infinium/Millennium over in a discussion page at md (mostly from Aug and Sep of 2017): j.mp/FisherInfinium_md :)

(ETA) Well, that's goofy - maybe you can get to the site directly without signing in (& without the redirect url) using this one?
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fisher-infinium-space-pen/talk

Huh, that's different that, if one were to search for the discussion page and click from Elgoog, you can get to that main discussion page from the first search hit, yet a redirect or even the direct url won't getcha there without signing in (learned something new):
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fisher+infinium+inurl:talk+site:massdrop.com&oq=fisher+infinium+inurl:talk+site:massdrop.com&gs_l=

Well, I suppose this is more of a glimpse of the wear which the Böker Plus offering has gained over time than the Fisher, but here's some pics almost 4 years apart, if you're interested: https://www.edcforums.com/threads/böker-k-i-d-pen-possible-fisher-bullet-pen-usurper.112660/page-3#post-1709363
    https://www.edcforums.com/threads/edc-writing-instrument-picture-thread.95138/page-149#post-2647542

:cool:

#29 oke, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  10. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Even though I carry my Bullet Space Pen in my pocket, I still like the clip, because it keeps the pen from rolling when I lay it down on a surface. Without the clip, and it wants to roll away too easily.

jolico and Moshe ben David like this.
  11. T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers Loaded Pockets

Originally two with, one without, but have clip incoming.

12. cole3418

cole3418 Loaded Pockets

No clip. I keep mine in a Skinth on my belt