1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bullet Pen dent

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by toemke, Jun 13, 2012.

1. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

So... has this happened to anybody else?
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea how this happened. I took it out of my Octa today and it was like this. I will try to undent it with a large nail or something else.

2. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

Mine looks almost exactly like that. Doesn't bother me in the least. I kinda like battle scars as long as they don't interfere with the function of the pen.

--flatline

ATF628 and mooshisho like this.
  3. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Loaded Pockets

Mine looks like that as well and is missing alot of the black paint it looks like these are made of brass, mine is black and gold LOL.. been carrying it for atlest 6 years now, and only replaced the ink once.. and that was due to the old one leaking...

4. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Only because you said it was a dent would I have known it. I would have thought that that was part of its design. :p

5. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Battle scars!

6. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

I eventually got the dent out. Not perfect by far but not obvious anymore. I took a lot of work and that made me think. I don't think the dent happened through some kind of impact, the pen is too tough for that (my Quark AA is right next to it in my Octa and it is perfectly fine). I suspect a change in air pressure helped out. Although there had been no change in altitude, in the last two weeks weather alternated between heat and storms, so air pressure changed constantly. The dent itself was just too perfect, the tip of the pen practically inverted and I don't think it would look like that through mechanical force. Sure, seems a bit far fetched and difference in air pressure was probably not enough, I think a mild bump helped to get the process started.