1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bug out Bucket

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Agar, Nov 22, 2013.

1. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

It might be a language thing, but in the UK a paint can is the container you get paint in from in a DIY shop.
    If it's going to be for bug out, I want to be able to cook in it, and I don't know what the can is coated in.
    Last one I had was coated in a plastic film on the inside, some of them are now plastic in their entirety.

Eagle Scout likes this.
  2. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

They are typically made from tin and you can get unlined cans.

3. Agar

Agar Empty Pockets

Yes, if you are planning on making the container hot, you don't want plastic involved. Definitely not a plastic can. If you have a metal can with a plastic lining, you can cook that off. Make a fire outside, don't do this on the stove top indoors, and heat the can to burn off the lining. You'll be left with a clean, albeit scorched, interior you can clean up like you normally would. I will state that I haven't had a lot of success in preparing cans in this method so got an unlined can. Unlined cans are used for food stuffs, so you might be able to find them in craft or hobby stores, and they are also used by arson investigators to preserve accelerant evidence without contaminating it by reacting to a plastic lining, so you might make an awkward call to your local authorities if you're into that kind of thing.

4. Modchop
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Modchop Loaded Pockets

We have paint 'kettles' in the stores at work that are metal and unlined like in the picture below, could it be one of these?

[​IMG]

5. Hunter Don

Hunter Don Loaded Pockets

Something to put the contents in while the can us used for water or boiling or otherwise in use

The USPS flat rate large envelopes, are good size, hard to rip, and waterproof (I think), grab a few of those
    Best of all, they are FREE