1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Budget Keychain Flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Grimley, May 19, 2019.

1. Grimley

Grimley Loaded Pockets

Hi guys just wondering what your budget keychain flashlight <£40 recommendations would be ?

2. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Nitecore tube, or a AAA olight.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I rotate between 2 keychain lights...the Olight i3E and the Fenix E01.

The i3E is not much larger than the AAA battery that powers it. It's single mode - 90 lumens with 45 minutes of runtime. Price is ~$10.

The Fenix E01 has been a favorite of mine for several years. Not the best beam, and only 13 lumens, but over 16 hours of runtime. Unfortunately, it appears that Fenix has discontinued it. It used to run between $10 - $12, so I can't recommend it at the inflated prices that remaining stock is going for.

4. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

For a keychain light, I really like lights that use a 10180 with a built in recharging port. My favorite is the Jetbeam Mini 1.

If you want a more traditional AAA form factor then my choice is the Fenix E05.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  5. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

NiteCore Tube or NiteCore TIP. The Tube is the lowest cost and biggest bang for the buck.....

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Fenix E05 gets my vote. The lens is not clear, so scuffs and scratches don't affect it. I've had one on my keys for years.

7. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

I go back and forth between the Nitecore Tube and the Fenix E05. If you pick the E05 pick up some rubber o-rings to put on it to keep it from getting banged up.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  8. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Mine is all smashed up and looks fantastic. I call it 'Boba Fett-ed'...adds character.

9. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

All of my Fenix keychain lights have been excellent. In fact, I've had a UC01 on my keys since it launched 3 years ago and it still works fine. It's actually outlived all the similar Nitecore Tubes I bought at the same time.

USB charging is nice, and it's inexpensive on something like the Tube or Fenix UC01 but if you want something that packs more of a punch the Acebeam UC15 is around $50 and can make 1000 lumens on 10440 cells or use AAA if you wish which will output something like 200-300 lumens, which is still respectable.

If you don't mind rolling the dice of uncertainty, Nitecore has many options that may/may not prove to be reliable. Unfortunately with Nitecore you just don't know if it will last.

But again, Fenix is a decent bet and they have never let me down. The E05 is a good choice if you don't mind a twisty.

10. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

I use the Peanut LED Flashlight Kit by Maratac Rev 2. And love it. [​IMG]It has a built in charger and is a true micro keychain light. Has two modes 145 lumens and 8 lumens, charged in 30 minutes and has great knurling. 38 Euro before shipping

“The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people.”

Fisher Ames