1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

BucketBoss ToolBoss Jr. carrying bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by parnass, Apr 5, 2006.

1. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I have some Maxpedition gear and it is pretty good, but pricey.

I needed a semi-soft sided carry bag to tote a few tools, flashlights, and other gadgets short distances and which had a large central compartment into which I can place items as big as books or magazines without folding them. After checking the local stores, I bought a BucketBoss ToolBoss Jr. (model 06300) on sale for $25 at Farm & Fleet. Maxpedition really doesn't offer anything which met my needs, except perhaps a $115 MPB (multi-purpose bag).

There are several things I like about this ToolBoss Jr. It is built tougher than similar "tool-type" bags I examined at Home Depot and Sears and definitely more solid than the Maxpedition MPB at the local army/navy store. The ToolBoss Jr. appears to be constructed of two layers, separated by padding. It comes with a detachable shoulder strap which uses metal clasps instead of plastic. The other hardware on this bag is metal, too. The bottom of the bag resembles a giant rubber boot sole. You won't ruin the ToolBoss Jr if you set it down on wet or damp ground.

The main compartment can be completely closed using a heavy duty YKK zipper and a steel D-ring at the end lets you lock the zipper shut (supply your own padlock).

There is a dual zippered compartment on one side which contains several pockets for tools, flashlights, knives, etc. Close that side compartment and nobody can see what you are carrying. The items stay protected from scrapes, weather, and prying eyes. The webbed carrying straps are wide and appear durable and I prefer them to a rubber handle.

I will try to attach an image to this posting.

Attached Files:

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

3. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Big thanks for the tip...this bag has a great EDC layout for the price. The more I look at it, I think that it would be perfect for car/truck use, especially because of the bag's main compartment being easily accessible from the top.

4. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

You might want to check out Bucket Boss's Extreme Gear line.  I recently ordered the Hopalong Gatemouth from Amazon.com.  I haven't got to put my tools in it yet but from the looks of it, it should be sturdy.

5. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Okay, I'm in love... :smitten:

Why? I have no idea...the bags by BucketBoss are not pretty, but BOY, they look like they can pack and organize a ton of stuff. Really like the look of the GateMouth LongBoy. Hmmm...decisions, decisions....