1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Brous Blades Silent Soldier Neck Knife Review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Speedyfish, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Speedyfish

Speedyfish Loaded Pockets

Fukurai and Vesp like this.
  2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The forum has some Brous blades products in stock.

3. Speedyfish

Cool, thanks Jon...

Randall

4. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 Banned

5. Ogre

Ogre Banned

still on my long list of wants....who knows when i will manage to get one :unsure:

6. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I have the Brous Silent Soldier V2 that I got from Jon. It works very well as a neck knife. When it's on the chain with my medical dog tags, my iTP A3 96, my titanium whistle and my house key, it's virtually unnoticeable. Not to mention easy to draw and cut.

7. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

They're my favorite neck knives. I'm looking forward to seeing some new models as they come out! I hope Jason keeps making the Ranger.

8. MadManBro

MadManBro Loaded Pockets

Good review. My SS V2 arrived in the mail yesterday. I couldn't be happier with it. The sheath is also worth mentioning as a piece of high quality kit.

9. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

The thing I did'nt like about the sheath was were the knife point dimpled out the fold in the bottom of the sheath. Too close a penetration for me.YMMV

10. Speedyfish

Thanks for the reads, guys.

Trouble, my sheath was done right, where the point would definitely not poke through. Sorry yours wasn't up to snuff...

Randall

11. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Just another excuse for me to make a new sheath.:)

12. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

I have the SS v2 as well. I was sort of hoping to carry it on my belt but the clip for the sheath is too small. My belt is 1 9/16" wide. As far as I'm concerned that's a pretty standard size for a belt unless you're wearing dress pants. From what I measured, a belt that is 1 3/8" wide will fit perfectly. I measured 2 of my other belts with one at 1 1/2" and the other at 1 15/32". I thought I wore typical belts but I guess not. I really like the clip but just wish it was 3/16" wider. I guess it will be neck carry only.

[​IMG]

13. BadgerX

BadgerX Loaded Pockets

Nice! Do want!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

14. MadManBro

MadManBro Loaded Pockets

I have worn mine every single day for the month since it arrived. I have used it not at all. Doesn't matter though it is a great addition to my edc kit. It is often referenced as being light. It would perhaps be better to say that it has been lightened by the two large finger holes. It is still a very 'weighty' chunk of steel.

But as good as the little tool is and as much as I do enjoy it. The sheath, once again, should be experienced to be appreciated. I did find the clip to be only suitable for narrower belts as well, but I wear it around my neck and it simply does not print. No matter what type of shirt or sweater I wear the SS V2 does not give itself away except for the part of the chain that is visible around my neck except for days when I wear a tie.

By way of comparison I also have a Bark River Bravo Necker 2 that I bought shortly after they were introduced. It is an excellent small knife that much better suited for belt carry than it is for wearing around the neck. The original kydex sheath was a real POS and it printed and rattled and twisted when I wore it. In fairness to Bark River, I was using a chain that I purchased at the local hardware store in what I presume was a standardized length for ceiling fixture pull chains. The chain that Jason Brouse supplies with the SS V2 is slightly heavier gauge and also a couple of inches shorter (I don't have exact measurements handy) and it sits just at the perfect spot on my chest.

Again, this is a little work of art and a great EDC knife.
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread this way, but it is relevant enough to revisit instead of starting a new one.

angusW likes this.