1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Breathe Right strips

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by navraster, Feb 20, 2009.

1. copykat

copykat Loaded Pockets

If your napping during the day or have other problems,
    I recommend simply going to your regular doctor and tell him/her.
    They will most likely refer you to a sleep dr/sleep lab.
    I have severe sleep apena and woke up 400 times when i was there.
    They taped about 50 wires on me, put me on an uncomfortable bed, under a camera
    and watched me through a window. I thought I would not sleep but I was out in minutes :zzz:

2. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

LOL I felt like a Lab Rat ! when i went in ,

I dont Have Any special insurance Basic Coverage from KAISER and all my sleep study tests and CPAP machine Free masks i can get for minimal Price if not free when i get a chance to go to the APRIA Center i just give them the old one ! they're kool like that ;D

3. starless

starless Empty Pockets

With the Breathe Right strips it's important to get the right size.
    I tried the large size once (all they had in the store) and they didn't work for me,
    although the regular size ones do.

My Kaiser insurance also would have covered a sleep study. I had a pre-screen and they decided just on
    the basis of that that I don't have sleep apnea, just loud annoying snoring!

4. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

I love my breathe right strips. I get the Wal-Mart brand named Clear Passage and they work just as good for me.

5. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

I use them as does my wife they work great.

6. GA Hiker

GA Hiker Loaded Pockets

Do they stick as well? My girlfriend and I both use Breathe Rights, but they get kind of expensive with us both using them. I usually doubt the performance of store brand products. But they might be worth a try.

7. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

I think they stick as good if not better. But I use my wife's astringent to clean the dirt and grime off my nose first. Then they stick really good. Clean my nose and wipe it dry then stick the Clear Passage on and good to go. There are 2 sizes and they offer a clear version, also.

8. navraster

navraster Loaded Pockets

An update:

I've now been using the Breathe Right strips for about 2 months. I've noticed a significant increase in the quality of my sleep over that time. Placebo effect? Maybe, but definitely still worth it to me.

I'm currently using the clear size medium strips. The clear ones are not reusable, because the adhesive is not as strong to begin with. On the other hand, they don't stick like crazy in the morning either! I started off using alcohol to wipe my nose down before I applied the strips, but I've since just been washing with soap and rubbing my nose with a towel. Seems to work just fine.

I have noticed that sometimes I will place the strip too high or too low, and that I don't get the full benefit of the strip that night. It just takes trial and error on your particular nose to get it right.

I haven't tried any of the knockoffs, but maybe I will.

In short, the Breathe Right strips still work well for me, 2 months out. I have recommended them to most of my friends (especially the snorers.) Most people that have tried them have liked them, with one guy even wearing them when he works. (He is a singer, and says this helps him breathe better when he records.) Worth a look!

9. mikeindallas

mikeindallas Empty Pockets

+1 on the CPAP. Takes some getting used to but the difference really is worth it.

If you're a loud snorer and/or sleepy all the time - get a sleep study, it could save your life !

10. houndawg75

houndawg75 Empty Pockets

Another +1 on the C-Pap. I have been on one for about 5 years and it makes all the difference in the world. I can't sleep without it. I didn't realize all that I was missing out on. It apparently comes on gradually. After talking to the Dr. I realized that I had not had a dream in a couple of years. I highly recommend anyone with trouble sleeping or being tired during the day get a sleep study.

11. madkins007

madkins007 Loaded Pockets

If you've been using Breathe-Right for a couple months with good results, I would DEFINITELY talk to a doctor about it. The strips are helpful, but they are not fixing any underlying causes. You may be sleeping better, but still having apnea, which can really, really affect you in many ways.

(By the way, I was using a CPAP, and am one of the ones it did not help. I never felt right, never slept well, etc. I AM overweight, etc. so it is probably a combination of things messing me up.)

12. Fosszombie

Fosszombie Empty Pockets

I know someone who died of sleep apniea. Heart stopped. End of story.

My sleep problems are not due to those issues, thankfully, but instead something called a "videogame". This "videogame" thing is a plague that keeps you up late nights and causes you to be tired the next day at work.

13. revs
    • In Omnia Paratus

revs Loaded Pockets

This videogame wouldn't have the name Warcraft in it anywhere, would it? :lolhammer: I think that is the same game that keeps me awake at night.