1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bradford Knives

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Ethos, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Ethos
    • +1 Supporter

Ethos Loaded Pockets

if you have any Bradford Knives post em up and/or discuss.

2. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Bedtime. I'll see what opportunities tomorrow brings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Ethos
    • +1 Supporter

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Recently I sold my BRKT Gunny because I needed something better suited to EDC, but still capable. After doing some searching I found Bradford knives which apparently has a fantastic reputation. The Guardian 3 seemed like it would better suit my current needs, so I ordered one after selling my other, luckily I got enough out of it to buy the Bradford.

This knife has M390 steel, DLC black coating, carbon fiber scales, and a leather sheath. I'm pretty stoaked. This thing has a razor sharp edge and not only is it fully capable as an EDC blade, but it looks great too.

He also offers several blade types including a warncliff. There's also bigger blades if that's what you need including a Guardian 4, 5, & 6, even a flipper. So many options from a maker regarding blades, scales, finishes, and sheaths. The Guardian 4 would be the perfect outdoor/bushcraft knife. It's like getting a custom, but they are at your door in days!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Ethos
    • +1 Supporter

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Does that mean you have one?

5. aicolainen

Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethos likes this.
  6. aicolainen

Well, time is a limited asset
    I figured that in order to get some decent pics I need to carry it for a while. I will spend the next 5-6 days in the mountains. I'll mostly be fishing Trout. I haven't used it for this type of activity before. I'll probably switch back to Fällkniven when I go to a different area next week, but in the meantime a Bradford Guardian 3 is all I have.

No fishing today. More pictures to come.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ethos
    • +1 Supporter

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Nice pictures. What scale color is that?

8. Bluesboy

Bluesboy Empty Pockets

Those are some great looking blades, I will have to give Bradford knives consideration when I make my next fixed blade purchase.

Ethos likes this.
  9. Ethos
    • +1 Supporter

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Go look around on his site, the choices for a single blade are crazy.

Bluesboy likes this.
  10. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I have a 3 wharncliffe and a 5. Little thick in the blade stock for my tastes but have pretty good geometry, grinds and sharpness. The kydex for the 3 is excellent. The kydex for the 5 is good but more pedestrian in the canoe paddle kind of way.

I like the micarta on the 3 for the handle better than the g10 on the 5. The truncated pyramid texture seems to me to be to aggressive.

Overall good value though.

Ethos likes this.
  11. aicolainen

3D micarta in camo, sabre grind blade with nimbus finish and black oxide hw iirc.

More choices now than when I ordered mine, but I don't think I would change anything.
    I think the camo color look more like a wood pattern in pictures, but irl it really looks more like camo. I was hoping for it to be more wood-like, but it's not a big deal.

The leather sheath is my least favorite part about this knife.
    I got it mostly because I haven't warmed up to kydex yet.
    The quality seems ok, I just can't get used to the horizontal carry style.
    I can get to my knife fast enough, but it's a pain to "re-holster". Well maybe not pain, but you have to pay attention. I normally carry my fixed blades in a vertical dangler sheath and my knife finds the sheath without me thinking about it.
    I'm also a bit worried about the retention, and I'm afraid it will fall out at one point.
    I've found some kydex sheaths that looks OK. Will probably buy, but it's not a priority right now.
    It's a good knife, and I will probably carry it much more when I get a good sheath for it.

Ethos likes this.
  12. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I don't care for the leather sheath that came with my Guardian3, but that's the worst thing I can say -- the kydex sheath is great. The Guardian3 and Guardian4 I own are incredibly well-made, came supremely sharp, and feel like they would endure the hardest of uses. Would buy another Bradford again in a heartbeat. No affiliation.

13. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Excellent knives. I met Brad and his wife at Blade Show last year and caught up with them again this year. They are very passionate about what they do and really are focused on providing exceptional products to their customers. Here are my 2 Guardian 3's.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]