1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Boumba's EDC.

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Boumba, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Boumba

Boumba Loaded Pockets

Found this forum a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd post up what I've been carrying around for the past few months.

Pretty simplistic compared to a lot of other people's on here, but I'm a teen still and find I don't need too much.

[​IMG]

iPhone 4 in a 'Lifeproof' case. - This is the second case I've been through, and while I find they do a good job of protecting my phone from dust etc (I'm an apprentice body builder and my work is full of metal and wood dust) , it muffles the speakers quite a bit, so i struggle to hear phone conversations, and often don't hear my phone when it goes off. Looking to replace it with another case, as it makes my phone quite pointless.

Keys on a bike chain and snake knot FOB. - Saw this on the forum a few weeks ago and loved the idea, as my keys often got tangled up in my headphones.

Knog 20 function multi tool. - Absolutely love this piece of kit. It's so small and has so many different tools. Knog is a bike accessory brand, so there is quite a few bike specific tools on this, including chain breaker, and spoke tensioner.

MEElectronics M16P headphones. - Only recently got these, they've not too expensive, and are fairly clear, maybe a bit heavy on the base. I'll see how long they last, as most headphones of mine don't last more than 6 months usually.

Quark AA2 turbo with 18650 body and flat tail cap. - Killer torch, not too big or heavy, but feels awesome in hand. Opted for the 18650 battery as it seemed a better rechargeable option, and longer run time than the AAx2. The flat tail cap also allows it to tail-stand.

Hurley wallet. - Had it for over a year now, but as all wallets, it's starting to fall apart on me now. Really like the layout and everything about it, just wish I could find something that would last longer.

I live in Australia, and they have a very strict no knife policy. So no knife in my EDC, but I do own a Spyderco Delica 4 FFG, not pictured.

Cheers!

2. Technicolor

Technicolor Loaded Pockets

That Knog tool looks cool! Gonna have to get me one of those :)

3. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

Nice cluster of usefull stuff!

Wallets? I got sick and tired of wasting money on leather wallets. The stitching always failed and they fell apart in less than a year.

I found a really nice waxed canvas wallet from country road that is WAAAAAY better than everything I've owned previuosly http://shop.countryroad.com.au/#%3Fgclid=CJL9k8ioga0CFWdNpgodVBX6Sw&page=/Shop/Menswear/Accessories/Wallets_%26_Leather_Goods.htm&product=/Shop/Menswear/Accessories/Wallets_%26_Leather_Goods/MSL00066/Waxed_Canvas_Wallet.html

4. chrisjackson

chrisjackson Empty Pockets

Nice carry. My favourite thing about it, though, are your keys! The snake knot fob and the bike chain look so simple and elegant, really cool.

5. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Clever use of bike chain.

6. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

I like the Knog bike tool.
    I can only get my earbuds to last about a month.

7. Boumba

Boumba Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys.
    The Knog tool is really great, a bit on the heavy side though 6.8oz.
    It is nice and small though. 2"x2"x7/8".

I'll definitely be having a look for a new wallet over the next few months. As I don't see this one lasting much longer.

I'm also putting together a nice EDC pouch. Just something I can leave in my bag and know I'm prepared for most situations.
    I also dislike carrying heaps of items in my pockets.

Here's a list of items I'll be getting for the pouch over the next few weeks.

Whistle
    Zebra 701
    Pocket Moleskine
    Burts Bees
    Tweezers
    Micro Widgy
    BIC Lighter
    Spork
    Cable ties
    Sunglasses
    Spare batteries
    Gaffa tape

Plus my 4Sevens Quark
    And Delica 4

All in a Maxpedition mini pocket organizer.

I'll add more items to the list as I think of them, but I believe I've got it pretty well covered so far.

8. Boumba

Boumba Loaded Pockets

Updated photos of my Delica 4, with new cord.
    Also, another Knog multi, but with fewer tools.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

Nice colour combo, like the white lanyard too! you might have started a new craze with them Knog tools lol, Peace.

10. Boumba

Boumba Loaded Pockets

Few updates.
    Got some new goodies for Christmas, and a few other bits and pieces over the last few weeks.

Christmas goodies
    [​IMG]

And set up my Maxpedition with all my stuff!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still have a few bits and pieces to add to it.
    A notebook of some sort, lighter, cable ties, some tape, and band-aids.

Also, as it's now summer over here, and I'm not at work for a few weeks, I've lightened up my pocket carry.

[​IMG]

I'll update again in the next few days with my camera carry. As it's a decent whack load of kit.

11. Etrange

Etrange Loaded Pockets

Is it possible to close Mini pocket organizer with that big flashlight sitting in?

12. Boumba

Boumba Loaded Pockets

Yep, it's a bit tight, but closes up no worries.
    The torch just fits length ways, and isn't too fat with the ruler there.