1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

BOOTS!

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by KAMM, Feb 12, 2013.

1. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

^super hardcore

2. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

InnieOutie, those boots do look pretty hardcore!

Been happy with my Red Wings for the last couple years. Switched between them and a pair of Cats depending on how fat my wallet was at the time. Happier with the Red Wings but they're a bit pricier. Now if only I could stop shredding the toppy toe leather. :( Sure does beat a broken pair of toes though.

3. customh

customh Loaded Pockets

To re-rail the thread and answer your original question KAMM, Red Wings are the way to go. I have 5 pairs, most often worn are my 914s (waterproof Gore Tex) and my 2214s (Waterproof Gore Tex and insulated), also have the regular pair of that style, 608s, and I have a pair of Pecos Red Wing Boots as well. My next purchase will either be Nacona Bull Hide cowboy boots or Ariat Workhogs.
    Yes, all I wear is boots. My Asics have a lot of closet time.
    Pecos
    [​IMG]

2214s- I put the plastic glue-on toe protectors on that Red Wing sells as well as the Toe protector goop. If you're on the toes a lot they will wear out before the rest of the boot. Not good on a $270 pair of boots that's resoleable.
    [​IMG]

vegassprky likes this.
  4. TheInsideOutsider

TheInsideOutsider Loaded Pockets

Great. Now I sound like a confused belly button.

Yes to get back on track I agree with the issue brought up by everydaybeer and further expanded on by customh. Rubber or synthetic toe caps are a good idea. I too am in the market for some work boots and I'm primarily looking at models with the caps. These can extend the life of your boots, keep them looking better longer, and reduce the amount of time you spend trying to condition the leather.

5. Petorbius

Petorbius Loaded Pockets

Anything from Keen with their KeenDry technology. I have owned a pair for years and they have been through it all. Backpacking in Honduras, construction sites, day hikes, swift water rescue service, casual wear, and now I wear them every day in the warehouse that I work in. Simply amazing with no problems whatsoever. Amazing tread options in their various styles, unsurpassed comfort and function.

Ludwell01 likes this.
  6. edjo69

edjo69 EDC Junkie

I go for full on loggers, I find that a good fitting pair of full grain leather work boots are the best all around boot for me. I even wear them hiking, motorcycling etc... I currently have a pair of Georgia 8" waterproof steel toe loggers and a pair of Wesco 8" Firestormers. The Georgias are my everyday boots and the Firstormers are what I wear motorcycling most of the time. Both offer a resolable board last and Vibram soles. Although the initial price is a bit higher I believe for the quality and durability and longevity its a better way to go than "throw away" boots.

7. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

Apparently it's Keen's 10year birthday so they have 10% off everything in their online store for the next 10 days and you get a free mug with every order too. JFYI

8. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

redwing gentleman traveller and wolverine 1000mile boots are both awesome

9. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

I am in the market for a nice pair of Gortex hikers was looking at Merrell or Keens .. right now I am wearing out my Lowa Zephyrs to the bone and will be needing a new pair for this upcoming 3 season. oh and they have to be tough I will be putting them thru the paces IE: hiking, camping, firearms training, IDPA matches.

10. Black Helmet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Whites for heavy work/wildland fire fighting. These broke my feet in, not the other way around. Wore them for years, had them rebuilt even.

Redbacks for everything else. I wear the slip on version, and have for going on 6 years. I have a couple pairs I rotate (steel toe non-steel toe). Favorite shoes ever.

11. zactimusprime

zactimusprime Loaded Pockets

I can vouch for red wings also. great boots, and you can get them resoled so about $50-60 I believe. I grew out of mine before I could get them resoled.
    Another good brand is Chippewa, my brothers chips have lasted him nearly 5 years. I have an older pair that are about 2 years old. I bought a new pair because the steel toe actually started showing so now they stay in my trunk in case someone needs a pair of boots or mine get soaked while out fishing. You can't go wrong with a pair of super loggers, but they do have cheaper alternatives.

12. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

Did you buy anything yet KAMM?

13. Foster
    • In Omnia Paratus

Foster Loaded Pockets

I just got a pair of Keens after an exhaustive search. Being up in Canada and not from any of the larger centres really limits my options. Which sucks because my feet are wide/oddly shaped, so its tough to find proper fitting footwear. However, they're really comfy and seem to be holding up pretty well so far. Good luck in your search.

Ludwell01 likes this.
  14. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Did I mention that every time I see this thread in the new posts, that Sepultura song starts playing in my head. "Boots! Bloody boots!" :)

Black Helmet and Gretsch308 like this.
  15. Gretsch308

Gretsch308 Loaded Pockets

Winning!

16. Black Helmet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Haven't thought of those guys in a while!

17. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

If you dug Sepultura back in the day, check out what Max and Igor are doing these days!

Just a taste

18. Black Helmet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks for sharing :cool:

19. EmberMike

EmberMike Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I've had this pair of Vasque boots for over 10 years now, and while I don't wear them daily, I at least wear them weekly and I've beat the crud out of them over the years. But they've held up incredibly well. They're not steel-toe, so they probably wouldn't cut it for what Kamm is looking for, but they are waterproof and have Goretex. I've stood in water 3/4 of the way up the boot and they've stayed warm and dry.

I always say that when I'm in the market for another pair of boots I'll probably look for this brand again. The problem is that these boots just don't seem to want to die. :)

Foster likes this.
  20. andrewbisgnar

andrewbisgnar Loaded Pockets

Wut. That's some small feets, yo.

KAMM likes this.