1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Boot advice ?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Tango 191, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Tango 191

Tango 191 Loaded Pockets

I just got a new security job, or uniform is a pair of 5.11 tac pants, and a black t-shirt or Polo, black boots.
    My problem was that i missed the black boots part, i showed up in black Airforce one's, my boss had a fit. Let me remind you this was my first day :/

can any of you recommend me a good quality 6 inch all black boot. I need to buy them ASAP
    right now i DO have a price range ($150 max)

thanks,
    Tango191

I was looking at 5.11 Speed 6'' boots and 5.11 ATAC 6" Tactical Boots, can anyone give me and feedback on these?

2. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

I've used a pair of the 5.11 XPRT Tactical but these are 8" IIRC. They were very comfortable and light whilst being waterproof and breathable. I'd definitely recommend the other 5.11 boots based on my experience with the XPRT Tactical.

3. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of Bates 6" Side Zips. I like them a lot, and the bonus is I was able to find them locally at a Dick's Sporting Goods (not affiliated with in any way).

4. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

I have the ATAC in 8". They are pretty comfortable right out the box. No break in period. I haven't really worn them long because it's summer, but they're not bad. The 8" provide great ankle support. I am still getting used to zipping them on and off. It was nice after wearing the ATAC's for over 12 hrs, except the inside of the heel makes a squeaking noise sometimes. I guess something is rubbing against something. Also some weird bumps formed around the main toe crease, but that went away. This all happened on my left boot. The right one is fine. Oh well, I will continue to wear this boots though. I think most of the 5.11 boots come with several pairs of free socks and a boot knife now. I suggest you use them for hot weather. They're great.

5. FreestyleAssassin

FreestyleAssassin Empty Pockets

6. 13lackhawk

13lackhawk Empty Pockets

I would recommend the Oakley Assault boots. They are EXTREMELY comfortable and durable. I know there have been mixed reviews regarding the durability, but in my experience they are awesome.

7. theotherphil

theotherphil Loaded Pockets

Mine lasted 10 months before the inner lining wore away at the heal leaving the plastic heal guard rubbing against my heal. They were very comfortable beforehand though.