1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Boker?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by r2_.d2, Oct 21, 2016.

1. r2_.d2

r2_.d2 Loaded Pockets

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone has heard of boker knives and if anyone has any of there fixed blades. How well they stay Sharpe and how well made they are thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2. Larry Larson

Larry Larson Loaded Pockets

Boker has been around almost 150 years and has manufacturing in at least three locations, each with it's own Boker name, Boker is made is Solingen Germany and is the high-end of the line, Boker Arbolito is the Argentinian/Chilean division and shares the Boker Tree Brand with Boker Germany and Boker Magnum is made in China, the lower end of the quality scale, usually cheaper materials but still with decent fit/finish. The Arbolito hunting knives can compare with the finest German Boker made knives in my opinion. Boker has an interesting history that you can find on their website and as of 1986, they moved the corporate headquarters to Denver, Co.
    From the Boker website:
    Boker knives: Solingen, Germany
    Boker Arbolito knives: Argentina
    Boker Plus knives: Taiwan and China
    Cinch knives by Boker: Solingen, Germany
    Magnum knives: Taiwan and China

Nick4305 likes this.
  3. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I have a number of Boker Plus knives that were designed by Chad Los Banos. They are all excellent knives because Chad is a top-notch designer who thinks about ergonomics and functionality in his designs. The ones I own are all AUS-8 and 440C and take a very keen edge and seem to hold it well.

In addition to being a knife designer, Chad is a member here under the name Daywalker. Great guy, skilled designer.

4. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

I have a Boker Plus Barlow which I purchased online, under the misinformation that the country of origin was Germany when in fact it was built in China. As much as I wanted to dislike it, for the money it's a nice piece for which I have no complaints...it's in my pocket as I thumb-type this.

The well-known online knife retailer who mis-posted its lineage on their website on the other hand has not seen any more of my business.

Ill be seeking a Solingen Boker next month when Im in Germany visiting my eldest son.

Nick4305 likes this.
  5. Gym55Rat

Gym55Rat Loaded Pockets

The only Boker fix blade i have is Mickey Yuraco design. Which i believe is discontinued. As for the knife it came sharp and sharpens well. Holds an edge reasonably. Steel is 440c

6. pathwinder14

pathwinder14 Loaded Pockets

Chad Los Banos is on here? I love the Boker XS Slip joint. It is one of my favorite knives. I with there was a lock-back version of it.

7. 01xtreme

01xtreme Loaded Pockets

I've got a couple of the Burnley Kawiken Boker knives, and love them. No experience with their fixed blades, but the VG-10 holds it's edge phenomenally.

8. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

Hey @r2_d2

Here in Germany Boker is known to be a good brand. Especially their knives made by Boker in Solingen.
    Their 440c steel has a very good heat treatment imho. It gets razor sharp and keeps the sharpness for a decent amount of time.

There is no general information on how good 'their steel' is. - It depends on the steel used in the knife you are looking for and Boker uses a lot of different steels throughout their knives.

I have a hand full of their knives, both fixed blades and pocket knives and I like them very much.

Mike

Last edited by MikeFromGermany, Dec 12, 2016
  9. dabluestuff

dabluestuff Uber Prepared

mikefromgermany above me has said it very well! Of course we've heard of Boker!! They are a very popular German company that produces a very wide range of knives from 10 dollars to 400 dollars. I personally stay away from them as of late, Ive owned many many bokers in my day and their QC is shotty. Some of their "Boker Plus" knives (Chinese and Taiwan sector as said above) are designed after very influential and popular custom knives. People like Anso, Zinker, Burnley, and banos to name a few have teamed up with them to mass produce a custom knife design for cheaper to appeal to a wider audience. If you know of a custom knife that you would love to try but dont have the money, buy the boker one. Itll give you an idea of how the design works for you. Although, buy a spyderco instead cause their QC is better.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  10. tbirdowner86

tbirdowner86 Loaded Pockets

I have one. I got it from a monthly box subscription. Sharp.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11. tbirdowner86

tbirdowner86 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sungame and Tallboyjim like this.
  12. Josh

Josh Loaded Pockets

I have two different tech tools and the decade edition nano. No complaints about any of them, and I would absolutely buy more boker products. My favorite thing about boker is their custom collaborations. It gives average people the ability to own tremendous designs.

13. EODPaul

EODPaul Loaded Pockets

Having a few Boker/Vox collaboration knives , I can say that the quality is tops. I have the Pry Mate, Pry Mini, both made in Germany, and the Rhino, Gnome, and Access Tool, all China-made. the fit and finish are all of custom knife quality, near perfection. I'm stuck as to what to get next... it'll be anoher Vox collaboration though.

14. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Daywalker
    I believe your opinions are desired here, good sir :D

I only have one Boker (a Subcom 42) and I'm quite happy with it. Boker has been around for long enough that they must be doing something right.

I'd stay away from the Magnum line, though. I've heard far too many complaints about Boker Magnum to trust one. The Plus line (which is the other Chinese/Taiwanese made line) is good stuff, though, especially for what you pay.

15. Fire Fighter

Fire Fighter Loaded Pockets

I have a Boker Magnum Desert Warrior which I bought about three years ago as s a hack knife for camping trips. Never had any problems with the blade edge but do touch it up before use with a blade medic.

[​IMG]

16. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

I want a boker kwaiken!