1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Boker Subcom F, Boker Plus or something else?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Rallykid, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Rallykid

Rallykid Loaded Pockets

Looking to upgrade my edc knife with something small just for odd cutting jobs around the office like sometimes opening packages, cutting binding and general use. Been looking at the Boker Subcom F and the Boker plus as well as a couple of others but just looking for suggestions for something similar size and you all seem to be the experts. Go with the Boker or something else? I prefer black or Coyote as they won’t stand out too much at work. Suggestions? Leaniotoward the Subcom currently but I am OCD about research and have to make sure I cover all of the options.

2. Blitzwing
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzwing Loaded Pockets

I just got the crkt Pilar.. Nice little knife

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

I have a Subcom and love ut, but I edc a Dragonfly II. (Pakkawood)[​IMG]

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

Moshe ben David likes this.
  4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

The potentials are of course endless. The ones identified so far are all good possible choices.

I'd consider an Alox version of a SAK just for the versatility. Alox do come in black, so that box is checked for you. Something slim like say the Cadet or even a Pioneer will have several tools built in -- my experience is that having even those basic ones in your office can be mighty useful! Go just slightly bulkier to the Pioneer - X to get one with scissors (although this usually is only in silver. Black versions can be hunted down with some effort... :( )

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

http://www.couteaux-du-soldat-suisse.ch/J02/index.php/en/all-items/product/751-vic-0-8231-23r4-victorinox-pioneer-x-black-lcsas
    And hey presto!

http://www.couteaux-du-soldat-suisse.ch/J02/index.php/en/all-items/product/751-vic-0-8231-23r4-victorinox-pioneer-x-black-lcsas

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

7. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Well, I do believe that this shop do ship to the states, but how about here? They are american I do believe. https://www.dlttrading.com/swiss-army-pioneer-x-blue-black

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

8. Rallykid

Rallykid Loaded Pockets

Some good suggestions. I have my Gerber multi tool from Uncle Sam that I use for bigger jobs. Just looking for something simple yet a cool design.

9. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

I'm also hunting the elusive Pioneer X in black. Just not a fan of the DLT logo on the scale.

10. el_murdoque

el_murdoque Loaded Pockets

The Boker Nano is worth looking at.
    When you say office, IMO the Nano looks less threatening when opening a parcel, compared to the Subcom.
    I tried all those little Boker knives and do own a Nano, but the blades are quite chubby. For the odd parcel task I'd much prefer one of the small Spyderco knives (Urban, UKPK, Squeak, Manbug).

I recently acquired a Boker Exskelibur II, which is more like a real knife in terms of form factor, but much more delicate than the Subcom/Nano. You would not ram it into a block of wood and then beat it with a hammer, but no cardboard parcel would pose as an obstacle.

11. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Well I do believe all the Colored Pioneer X's have a shop logo, regardless. The colored ones are not sold directly from Victorinox

That Movie Guy likes this.
  12. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

That Movie Guy likes this.
  13. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Well, the Messer logo is a little more aesthetically acceptable but I'm not sure the import fees to Canada would be worth it. And, truthfully, all my knives and tools are users so the finish is bound to show the same wear that my black Cadet now proudly sports. Perhaps I'm just being a little too fussy.