1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth speaker

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by D1ggs13, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Americanozzy

Americanozzy Loaded Pockets

The company that owns the mine site where I work gave out little Bluetooth speakers as a gift for reaching the million man hour mark with no injuries. At first I had my doubt's about it as it was only a small 2 inch cube. But it puts out OK sound. It was made by a no name production company from China. But if it ever breaks I won't loose any sleep over it. Battery life is decent, it will run a good five hours solid before needing a recharge. It can't compare soundwise to my Logitech portable speaker. But for what it is it works really well. Very nice when I'm driving around site in a buggy, to have music playing( I can't wear headphones due to safety regs). I'd say go cheap and small for your speaker. Easy to carry and not a worry if you have to ever replace it.

2. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

JAM speakers are some of the best under $50.00 bluetooth speakers.Cambridge SoundWorks Oontz XL bluetooth speaker retails at $199.00 but most often sells for much less and is another speaker worth considering. Reviews for both are easily found on the web and YouTube.

3. Blue_cat_333

Blue_cat_333 Loaded Pockets

The wife and I like to sit out on the back porch and listen to music while I enjoy a cigar or pipe. For Father's Day we picked up a Bluetooth speaker from Lowe's. The brand is Accoustic Research, it's battery powered and has a detachable power cord. It was easy set up and also comes with an audio cord to allow direct connect with your music player. And best of all, it was about $80.00 out the door.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have been installing AV for 35 years and recently have been trying out as many of these as I can find and I have sort of settled on the UE line for everything.

The big boys are truly great for what they are and are rugged and waterproof too in many ways.

The Mini Boom is pretty shocking for its size and both models feature crazy good battery life and more important a really robust BT connection which you only realize many do not have once you own them and realize they suck.

The other nice feature of the UE line is the iPhone app and the BT linking so 2 can run either in Stereo or Mono to really increase output and coverage.

I set up a pair last week in a huge house in Maine and they worked a lot better than I expected really.
    They also have line in jacks and I setup another Airport Express for them to roam with beyond BT range on WiFi around the clients property.
    The Airport can send Audio,Analog and Digital out of its Mini Jack and through the iPhone music or remote app you can run zoned audio anywhere there are Airport Express units which can be pretty handy when I can not wire a place for some reason.

I also tried the OOntz JUNK when researching and I could not get one that worked in any way and I tried several!?

I think the brands and versions sold are a lot more alike than different but it is worth listening to as many as possible before buying or you might buy Bose or Jawbone based on name alone before realizing that you can do better,easily!

Bkkrs and D1ggs13 like this.
  5. D1ggs13

D1ggs13 Loaded Pockets

@bkkrs @EZdog first and last response both point to the UE Mini boom. Going to do a little more research on them but have it in my amazon wishlist for easy purchase. Thank you guys.

Bkkrs likes this.
  6. figuy

figuy Loaded Pockets

I've either owned or tested well over 20 BT speakers and JBL is always among the top speakers. In my opinion Micro Wireless which is $50 is the best for around $100 or less and the flip which is $100 is among the best at $200 or less. My only gripe is batty life is only about 4 hours which is actually fine for my use, but well below average from what I've seen.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  7. jrad

jrad Loaded Pockets

Buy a ecoxgear by grace digital . They sound the best, water proof rugged!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D1ggs13 likes this.
  8. Wfs29223

Wfs29223 Loaded Pockets

Braven BRVX-X I know it's more then you want to spend but at least check it out.

9. MarkTBSc

MarkTBSc Loaded Pockets

I decided I wanted a Blutooth speaker myself a little while back. I looked at a few reviews and finally went with the DiVoom Bluetune Solo which is about $40 on Amazon (£30 over here). It's got a good range, a lovely sound, a good battery life (I've had it playing for hours without charge and it can sit in a bag for a long time without recharge) and it can be directly plugged in via a cable as well as via Bluetooth. There's also the nice feature of an aux output so you could run a much bigger speaker setup from the unit. It also works as a hands-free unit for mobile calls.

Stefan Bagarov likes this.
  10. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Bose Sound Link, around $129.00 at most vendors. Nice size with good sound for the size. Micro USB charging and most reviewers like the volume level this little speaker achieves. Available in several colors.

11. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a TDK A33, weather proof and bluetooth. 6 hours playtime and it can charge another device through onboard USB outlet.

12. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

+1

I've had mine for over a year and use it almost every day. Low profile, holds a charge for a very long time and the sound is exceptional. More low-end than my friends Bose SoundLink III.

13. Jme.

Jme. Loaded Pockets

My wife got me an Eton Rugged Ruckus for Christmas. Water resistant, Bluetooth and has a solar panel for recharge. Looking forward to putting it through its paces this summer.

"I'm just a witness"

14. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I got auvio Bluetooth speaker from Radio Shack. I usually don't buy their products, but I am glad I did. This is as good or better than many of my friends speakers. I went back and got another one. The one i got is about the size of a brick. They come larger and smaller. Awesome battery life, great volume and sound for the size. And now Radio Shack is going bankrupt , you might be able to get these real cheap.

15. ajwilson

ajwilson Loaded Pockets

Mini jambox is super-portable and sounds great.