1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth speaker

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by D1ggs13, Jul 5, 2014.

1. D1ggs13

D1ggs13 Loaded Pockets

Looking for recommendations for a Bluetooth speaker or even one to plug iPhone into for backyard/beach use. Doesn't need to put out a lot of watts. Just for the wife and I to listen to music while watching the kids. Have Sonos for at home for parties and such. $150 top of my budget. Battery or rechargeable internal battery a must.

2. ebekkers79

ebekkers79 Loaded Pockets

I'm very happy with my Ultimate Ears Mini Boom. Inexpensive, sounds good, works great with my iOS devices.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  3. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

I have a beats pill. I liked its sound better than a friend's Jambox. I paid $180 for it about a year ago, so it might be a bit beyond your limit.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  4. KLF

KLF Loaded Pockets

Logitech UE Boombox, at least here price has dropped from ~250EUR to 70-90EUR depending on seller. I'm guessing Logitech is dumping them from stock because a new version might be coming soon.

Wishoot and D1ggs13 like this.
  5. FighterZak

FighterZak Loaded Pockets

My friend had a bose speaker that had the best sound quality I've ever heard, but I don't know the model/price etc. :/

D1ggs13 likes this.
  6. BB58

BB58 Empty Pockets

I have a JBL charge and love it. It was exactly $150 and perfect for backyard or inside. Good bang for the buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1ggs13 likes this.
  7. Domain

Domain Loaded Pockets

Auvio from RadioShack has some good and cheap models with long battery life with a range of sizes.

Sriracha and D1ggs13 like this.
  8. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

UE Boom is really nice.... I haven't heard the mini boom, but UE stuff is generally pretty good...

D1ggs13 likes this.
  9. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

there's something on electronics.woot right now. it's a tad over your budget, though.

10. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

I do actually EDC a X-Mini Kai capsule speaker in my bag! Small and light, bluetooth and not a bad sound. Battery lasts a good time too. Usefully has a microphone so can be used as a speakerphone when connected via Bluetooth to your phone.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  11. Epilektos

Epilektos Loaded Pockets

I just bought this little "808" speaker from Walmart to listen to when on my bike. Totally worth it and if I brake it doing something stupid it didn't cost a lot and I'm not out much. Totally wireless and surprisingly good sound quality. Only about the size of a 8 oz soda can

Sent from my sak switchblade phone pack lighted sling fak

D1ggs13 likes this.
  12. CardsNation

CardsNation Loaded Pockets

My mom just bought a HEX 808 Bluetooth speaker from Walmart. It sounds good and is perfect for out on our deck when we are swimming. It has a 360 degree speaker so you can hear the music no matter where you are. It is pretty awesome.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  13. Kravhiker

Kravhiker Loaded Pockets

My son got me the HMDX Jam Model # HX-P230E for $15. I love it!

D1ggs13 likes this.
  14. LRex
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

LRex Loaded Pockets

I have a G-Project G-Grip bluetooth speaker. It was an impulse buy last year as I have several speaker set ups, but I have never had a bluetooth speaker. I have no doubt, it's not top notch compared to other high-end brands, but it's pretty decent on its own. It does have a USB recharge cable, and comes with an outlet adapter. More options of recharging it is always good. It comes with an AUX cable for direct connection, but it also has bluetooth. They advertise it as "rugged", but I have never really tested it. I just like it for it's easy transportation between places. Also, it was/is well under the $150 budget.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, it also has a strap with a buckle, so you can hang it on a branch outside or wherever you please. I sometimes hang it on my bed post at school.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  15. dwdillard

dwdillard Loaded Pockets

Last time I was in the market I just kept an eye on dealnews for a few weeks until one that I wanted came up for the right price. I personally like the look of the braven br-1 and the Logitech UE boom.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  16. spoony.t

spoony.t Loaded Pockets

JBL Flip2 here, at the $100.00 mark... Had it for a month or so now, the battery life is decent at the volumes I run it, projection is decent and while "360 coverage" isn't exactly true, it does have a far better spread than the Jawbones. The Jawbones sound good but are *highly* directional, on top of being pricey. I'm not using it much outside, but it provides good coverage for the large workrooms I have around the office.

17. Jordan Stawarz

Jordan Stawarz Loaded Pockets

I have to say I have been pretty impressed with the little iHome cube i got as a gift. My wife and I each received one this past Christmas and the put out decent sound. Plus they can be linked together via a cable (which is provided). Nice thing is they can be had for about $30. So I do not feel to bad if it gets damaged while outdoors.

D1ggs13 likes this.
  18. edcedcedc

edcedcedc Loaded Pockets

Check out offerings by Braven. They have many models. Many will also charge your phone while you play music (if you choose to do so), as to not kill the battery in your phone. Some models are rubberized. Good sound quality.

SAKplumber and D1ggs13 like this.
  19. PPCApache
    • In Omnia Paratus

PPCApache Banned

I have the Logitech UE Boombox great sound and compact size, the newer version is a cylinder and is water resistant..

D1ggs13 likes this.
  20. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

For the beach I really like my Eton Rugged Rukus. USB and solar charging, pretty decent sound, and you can charge your phone\tablet on it. Only $75.

D1ggs13 likes this.