1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth headsets...

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by algernonramone, Jul 15, 2012.

1. algernonramone

algernonramone Loaded Pockets

I just ordered an LG Tone HBS-700 headset. Looks like exactly what I've been wanting. Works for both phone and media, wraps around the neck, allows for use of only one ear at a time if preferred, etc. I should be getting it this week and I'm very excited.

Anyone else use this or something similar?

2. Atomic

Atomic Loaded Pockets

I have the Sony Ericsson MW600 stereo blutooth. I use it while running and occasionally working. Battery lasts through several sessions, had it go down on me in one recently because I forgot to charge. I like it but I wished I would have gotten one that wrapped around the neck. What if I don't want to wear a shirt to clip it on? Other than that it is great.

3. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

I LOVE the Bose V2. Amazing! I use it for hours a day to listen Netflix, Youtube and Pandora on my cellphone.

4. djren12

djren12 Loaded Pockets

I'm loving some Jaybird Freedoms, 8hrs of pandora, my music or podcasts and sweat proof! these are stereo and feel lighter than the Beats by Dre Tours that I was using before

[​IMG]

5. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Loaded Pockets

I currently use Motorola S-9's at the gym. If had to replace them I would be looking at the S-10HD or Plantronics Backbeat Go.

6. BCGarrick

BCGarrick BST/Marketplace ban

X2 I love my jaybirds!!

7. Rocket1

Rocket1 Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at a few but I'm not sure which to get. I really heard great things about Jaybirds but the common complaint is the range of the Bluetooth. Seemed like a lot I people complained that the phone had to be very close to the headphones. If it was in their pocket it would drop the signal. Has anyone had an issue like this?

I've heard mixed reviews about the LG and Planteonics.

Any good feedback before I make a purchase would be great

Sorry didn't mean to hyjack

8. djren12

djren12 Loaded Pockets

I use mine with a Galaxy note in my front left pocket and never have lost the bluetooth connection. I sometimes connect them to my iPad that I keep in my Malaga under my desk and can walk out into the galway 20ft to get a drink of water and no loss of signal. Get some at Best buy and if they don't work for you take em back, the don't even ask questions. I picked them cause of the long battery time but was pleasantly surprise to the quality of the sound, I tried the Plantronics and the Motorola ones and didn't like the sound of them.

9. orrigey

orrigey Banned

I AM A SHILL DO NOT LISTEN TO ME!

10. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I still use my old HBH-DS205. Its a simple thing but it just works!

11. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

Have had Motorola S-9's (sound quality was average, BT range was awesome)

Currently use S-10HD's (the S-9's got squished in my XTerra's seat) Better sound quality, awesome BT range

Neither Motorolas have any way of adjusting the headset to your head size. (I have a weird melon)

Tried a pair of Plantronics Backbeat 903+ because they looked more comfortable, sound quality was poor and BT range sucked, went back to Motorola...

So far all three models hurt my ears something fierce if I use them more than 3 hours.

12. Rocket1

Rocket1 Loaded Pockets

That's a great idea! I didn't even think about Best Buy's no questions asked return policy.

13. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

I own two: Plantronics Voyager Pro+ for voice calls, and Motorola MotoROKR S305 for tunage and movies.

The Plantronics might look a little big and dorky, but the behind-the-ear style makes it crazy comfortable; I have literally forgotten I had it on. Battery life is epic: 6 hours talk time, 120 hours standby time. I use mine only occasionally; I charged it up when I first got it, and didn't recharge it again for two months.

The Moto's are kinda big to carry around all day, but have excellent sound and good range. Battery life is good; I often use mine to watch movies on the laptop late night, without waking up the Love O' My Life, and a full charge gets me through three movies or so. The play/stop/ff/rw buttons work great with my iPhone, as well as iTunes on Mac OS X (but sadly, not Spotify).

14. manalive

manalive Empty Pockets

15. algernonramone

Got it yesterday and so far it's fantastic. Very comfortable, good sound quality, etc. Only issue so far is that the multi-connect is finicky at best. I hope they do a firmware update or a new version to correct it.

16. Atomic

Atomic Loaded Pockets

With the ones I mentioned above I can lay in bed and have the phone plugged and across the room and still jam out.

17. algernonramone

I have a 15-20 foot range w/ the LG.

18. Rocket1

Rocket1 Loaded Pockets

Awesome keep us updated on how they work after more use and if you find a fix for the multipairing.

19. ta2edff

ta2edff Loaded Pockets

the best I have found!! Love it from functionality to amazing battery life!!! [​IMG]

Only thing I would Change is some sort of fabric on back of neck

LG Bluetooth + iPhone 4s + Siri = boner

"Catchy slogan not included"

20. manalive

manalive Empty Pockets

For those concerned with range, that has more to do with what its paired with. Smartphones are Class 2 devices and only transmit up to 10 meters. If you use a dongle or your computer has a built in Class 1 device you can get quite a bit more range. I keep my LG paired with my phone for 'phone audio' and with my computer for 'media'. It works with the former up to about 25-30 ft and the latter up to about 100 feet.