1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth Earbuds?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by CausticCrow, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Rabidfox

Rabidfox Loaded Pockets

+1 LG Tones (Ultra's)

2. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

Do they make wireless earbuds like this that sit just outside the ear canal, just inside the rim of the ear? They used to be called ear monitors I think.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

I have 2 pairs of One Vido ear buds(batt life is 8h) that I ware under my motor and ski helmets.
    I have 4 pairs of soundpeats(got off kickstarter) that I use for everyday use. Both brands are great and would recommend to anyone and would buy again.

lawmanhdg likes this.
  4. Diezel

Diezel Loaded Pockets

The fist pic is of one vido. Second is soundpeats. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

lawmanhdg likes this.
  5. HeadOffice

HeadOffice Loaded Pockets

I can highly recommend the Zolo Liberty+ earbuds - work well for music and phone calls have great quality picking up my voice too...

6. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I'm using a set of Altec Lansing True EVO earbuds. Comes with a charging case that's wireless Qi enabled. However, I don't think I can recommend them. They fell off the bench a total of 2 feet, and the case of one cracked. Unbelievable. So I had to superglue it back, but ever since then, the bluetooth connection has not been great since then. I'm going to change them out soon.

7. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

They sound cool, but I'm not a fan of something sticking into my ear canal. I was looking for something that sits just outside the canal, like the airpods, but not the airpods.[​IMG]

8. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

What part of the airpods is the one that puts them out of contention? That may help hone in suggestions.

9. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

I recently switched to the Aftershokz Titanium. They sit completely outside the ear. I had purchased a set of the Aftershokz Trekz Air for my wife because she cannot stand to have anything in her ear. Not exactly what you were asking about, but we both love ours.

10. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

Do Airpods work with non-Apple products?

11. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

yes, some features such as Siri are iPhone specific but the connection is made using Bluetooth which is not carrier specific

12. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

To try to keep these two threads into this one, regarding the fit of them - if I'm commuting or walking around the city (DC) I usually use them as-is and they do feel a tiny bit loose (maybe "not tight" would be the best descriptor), but haven't had one fall out. Wearing them like that lets me hear some outside noise though. When I workout, I use silicone covers with a little wing on them that keeps them VERY secure in my ears. It doesn't block out all the noise, but a little more than without them. I run and/or lift pretty much every morning and have never had one as much as move at all with the silicone tips on. Only downside is the tips don't fit in the charger so it's taking them on and off each time. Something like this - https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-removing-Anti-Drop-Protective-Noise-Isolation/dp/B07F6Y3HGQ.

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Never heard of these silicone tips. Available for the wired versions? Guess I'll have to do some research....

Thanks

Moshe ben David

14. Hook

Hook Loaded Pockets

I use a set of black web neckband bluetooth earbuds. They work great, great sound, access to your phone with Google assistant, take and make calls. I use these at work every day, then away home for video streaming and the battery lasts all day and then some. Good product for $30 at Walmart.