1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Blue Force Gear pack setups? Anyone using Dapper pouches? Post yours!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Leatherman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Leatherman

Leatherman Loaded Pockets

Hello!

Interested in how folks are setting up BFG packs with the hook n loop interiors!

Not finding a whole lot of pics or info on the array of Dapper pouches available....

Post pics of your setups! Perhaps other pouches that also work besides the BFG pouches...

Last edited by Leatherman, Jan 28, 2013
  2. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

Here is my BFG Vulcan pack. It is essentially the same pack, only this one has PALS Webbing on the outside instead of the sewn-on utility pocket that comes with the Micro..
    [​IMG]

I still haven't fully decked my pack out with Dappers yet.

I have two Granite Gear stuff sacks at the bottom of the bag that I use to store spare clothes and a rain jacket. There is an AMK Thermal Bivvy in its stuff sack next to them. My smaller EDC items are stored in a Spec-Ops Mini Pocket Organizer that sits on top of those stuff sacks.

But wanting a little bit more organization for this bag, I ordered up a BFG M4 Dapper. As soon as it gets here, I plan on placing it at the top of the bag (right behind that Pig Head patch in the photo above) to store things like my compass, spare flashlight, AA's, etc.

In case you haven't seen this video, Blue Force Gear Brittany shows off the interior of her Vulcan pack. It's really neat the way she has it all laid out.. ;)

Last edited by Schuey2002, Feb 4, 2013
    ?uesto, Leatherman and blt2drg like this.
  3. Leatherman

Thanks for posting ^^ !
    Great looking pack. Im a little surprised these packs aren't more popular. Although, they are pretty small. (mostly why I like it!)

I have seen that video, and its pretty good.
    May just have to grab a few of the DAP pouches and play around with them. It kills me that the packs are rounded, thus leaving wasted field on either side of pouches at the top and bottom.

Where I would also like to get creative, is with the loop patch on the outside of the micro. (4x6x1 area) Thus adding a sort of removable admin area...
    I have the brown micro, and its hard to find a nice color match. The closest thing I have found so far is the SpecOps version of Coyote Brown.
    Maxpedition' tan is wayy too light. Its a shame too, as they have some nice hook n loop options.

May add some velcro to the spec-ops organizer you mentioned, and attach it sideways on the loop patch...

Anyone else with one of these great BFG packs? Post your setup, or tips! (id post mine, but its empty!)

Last edited by Leatherman, Jan 29, 2013
  4. Schuey2002

5. grayarrow

grayarrow Loaded Pockets

I don't own a BFG, but I have the admin pouch and insert in my own pack setup for school right now.

6. Leatherman

How do you like the admin pouch? Are there dividers inside...or just a pouch?
    Which insert are you referring to?

Thanks!

7. Schuey2002

^^^^

Are you referring to Blue Force Gear's Admin Dapper?

If you are, I happen to own one. I have it mounted on their Shoulder Bag Insert Panel (in the pic below). It's a nice way to add some organization to a bag that doesn't come with any. Or to supplement a bag that does.

And no, this particular pouch doesn't have any elastic loops on the inside. The elastic is only on the front of the pouch.
    [​IMG]

BFG's Helium Whisper-backed Admin Pouch does have elastic loops on the inside. If that's what you were wondering. http://www.blueforcegear.com/admin-pouch/

8. Leatherman

Yes, thanks for the pic! I like no dividers in it.. what do you put in the little flap pouch?

9. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I think one reason is that they are pretty expensive and not as well known as TAD and some others. The other is that they quit producing packs for some time, right?

10. Schuey2002

It just has some extra EDC stuff.

Let's see. Peeking inside it, I have a round, orange match holder from Walmart, a Bic lighter, a green CMG Ultra AA flashlight, a beater Leatherman S2 Juice, and a fishing kit in a tiny little tube. ;)

11. Schuey2002

Sure, their packs were not cheap in price. But, I picked up my BFG Vulcan on sale for $100 (50% off retail). They had their larger Overlord packs for around $130 at the same time too. I believe they were over $300 originally. But I could be wrong.

And yes, they quit making packs awhile ago. I think they were slow sellers for them..

12. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

I like that Micro Pack but I don't see it on their site at all.

Tixx likes this.
  13. Schuey2002

^^^^^

They have been discontinued.

You can still find them on Ebay by searching for the phrase "BFG Micro"..

Tixx likes this.
  14. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

15. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I have not been able to get them to answer my emails.

16. edcer

edcer Loaded Pockets

Since these are on last call,I ordered a few dappers a couple of days ago.
    I could not get the cart to except my CC# .The next day I got an email from them asking if I wanted to complete my order.I told them my difficulties in ordering,they said they were having problems with the cart and provided a phone number.

17. Schuey2002

I have sent emails to them in the past about products on their webpage, and never received a single reply to a simple inquiry.

So, you are not alone, Jon..

18. grayarrow

grayarrow Loaded Pockets

Here some pics (hopefully they work) of the Admin Dapper in my motorcycle pack. I slip the shoulder bag insert into the "magazine" slip. Since it isn't a perfect match my school books keep the pouch propped up instead of drooping. Contents inside the pouch are ACSM guidlines manual(bout 8 3/8 x 5 2/8 x 5/8), Moleskine (5 5/8 x 3 1/2), and Ti-83 calculator. The outer pouch is holding Leatherman Piranha and the elastic is got a Render K pen, highlighter, and refills for the render, and flashlight. I like the shoulder bag insert and the hook and loop used. According to my plastic kitchen scale the pouch weighs in at exactly 2 1/2 pounds. When I have it secured well to the insert panel I can grab the panel at both ends and flop it up and down(with the pouch facing down) and the pouch will not come off. Also, the hook and loop doesn't seem to be "frizzing" like a lot of brands. I say frizzing to refer to brand new hook and loop (and especially old, worn out hook and loop) that starts to look like messy hair after a few installations and removal of items.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. grayarrow

grayarrow Loaded Pockets

So how do I get pics to work?

20. Leatherman

Use a site like photobucket...makes it very easy!

Looking forward to the pics, thanks for contributing!