1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

BladeForums

Discussion in 'The Way Station' started by heathah, Apr 5, 2006.

1. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

See BladeForums for all your knife/light/bag/multi-tool needs.   :)

Someone posted on Blade forums about us....they threw the post in the spam section and deleted information about this place. Well, at least one post I found out that happend to.

2. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

Sorry they didn't receive this site very well. Something about spam, I believe. Oh, well.  :tickedoff:

3. Pydpiper

Pydpiper Empty Pockets

Some of the people there are top notch.. Unfortuanatly I find the actuall content to be missing the substance I have come to accept as normal. A thread starts out fine, then in just a few posts it deteriorates into off topic babble and humor.
    I will always go back and contribute with my limited knowledge, I don't want to lose the contacts I have made over the years.

4. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

BladeForums doesn't allow cross forum links, so that's probably why they canned the post/thread. I understand why the do that, but I think it's unfortunate, IMO, because most of the information folks share with links is for positive information sharing and the spammers/trolls out there ruin it for the real audience.

5. Blue Jays

Blue Jays Empty Pockets

Hi All-

I learned about this great site from BladeForums before they shut it down! Just noticed the thread in time.

~ Blue Jays ~

6. gordonk

gordonk Empty Pockets

That's where I found out about it. It was also mentioned on the Spyderco Forum as well - I think even today.

- gord

7. Peter Atwood

Peter Atwood Empty Pockets

This business of not allowing cross forum posts seems really silly to me. Any of the forums that engage in this generally have very high traffic and are secure in their membership. What are they afraid of? Several forums seem to have similar policies and it just seems infantile to me. Perhaps there are bandwidth issues or something but I just don't get what the big fuss is over.

Gilatabar likes this.
  8. gbaker

gbaker Empty Pockets

Same here

EDIT: Well crud I clicked on the wrong quote button. Meant to quote Blay Jay. First heard of EDC on BF as well.

9. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

I posted a link to EDC there, they moved it to GOOD BAD and UGLY forum where we share Pro's and Con's on Forumites and Sites. BF will always have my heart, but EDC is starting to affect my twig and berries.

10. Deaths Head
    • +4 Supporter

Deaths Head Banned

I posted this message at a different thread, but I felt that it applied here as well:

My 2 cents. I don't think anyone should view different forums as competitors. That is what I like about EDC Forums. Activities such as cross-referencing between different forums is encouraged because there are no vile intentions. If people are here because other forums are down great. If they leave because Blade Forums are back up, to each his own, just as long as your are happy. There will always be members coming and going for whatever reason.
    There always enough room on the internet for more cool forums such as this.

11. Blue Jays

Blue Jays Empty Pockets

Agreed...there isn't a competition

Hi Deaths Head-

We're in 100% agreement regarding "competition" among websites.  I surf to probably a half-dozen or so enthusiast sites for a variety of topics.  Some of them mix and match a bit.  I am very happy to obtain interesting insights and opinions from the participants on each.  Classifying the mention of another site as "spam" seems a bit shortsighted to me. 

This is the same reason that an Italian restaurant on the corner is happy when Chinese, Mexican, and Indian restaurants are built on the other three corners of a busy intersection.  They're not competing for the same dollars.  They all benefit from the increased food-buying traffic!  As people who are into being "prepared" for what the world may throw at us...the more people who share our EDC mindset will create more interesting and high-quality products that will be offered to the marketplace.

~ Blue Jays ~

12. gordonk

gordonk Empty Pockets

Ditto - when I'm buying my "toys", I really depend on the forums to get first hand information instead of believing the ads. That information is partially what determines whether I buy or not.

- gord

13. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I belong to BF. I am TheKnifeCollector there.

14. destroythealter

destroythealter Empty Pockets

I belong to BF (same name) and overall I like it it probably the best large knife forum out there. However with every big forum there are problems that present themselves for example, for every 100 knowledgeable people there is one mall ninja (very rough estimate ;D) in large numbers this can become a large problem :-X . There are fake people, instigators, ect. but the majority are really nice people and I have really learned a lot since I first registered. Despite the occasional off topic humor I feel that 99% of the threads (except wine and cheese, the cove, and practical tactical) have a lot members contributing valuable knowledge and experiences.

15. kkimo

kkimo Loaded Pockets

I've been a member there for about 7 years, and the policy has been in effect for as long as I've been there. I vaguely recall talk of some cross forum trolling and flaming from before I joined that lead to their policy. I don't believe it is because Spark fears "competition" just that he doesn't ever want to see a repeat of the incident that lead to the policy.

Dave

16. P97DC

P97DC Empty Pockets

+1

17. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I agree with what Peter Atwood said about the forums NOT allowing cross forum posting.

18. Deaths Head
    • +4 Supporter

Deaths Head Banned

I agree with TKC and Peter.  Members cross back and forth all the time.  I seek TKC and Peter everywhere I go, so cross forum posting just becomes a moot point.
    Why don't forums just tell us not to go to other forums instead. ::)

19. colubrid

colubrid Loaded Pockets

what is cross forum posting?

20. Deaths Head
    • +4 Supporter

Deaths Head Banned

Basically being in one forum and referencing about another forum.