1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Blade Show Atlanta June 2014

Discussion in 'Trade Shows & EDCF Gatherings' started by Arch Ronin, May 11, 2014.

1. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

It was a fun weekend. I picked up everything I was looking for Friday evening and spent yesterday and today compiling my wishlist for next year:rolleyes:.

@DoberLove - I thought it was a little warm the last 2 days, but seem to remember it being warmer last year.

2. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Did any of y'all actually get to meet up with each other? :cool:

Arch Ronin and SAKplumber like this.
  3. martin_j001

martin_j001 Loaded Pockets

I was there Satruday. Definitely found it to be hot. Saw some cool stuff, saw some ridiculously stupid stuff, and came home with some cool stuff. :)

SAKplumber likes this.
  4. Octane957

Octane957 Loaded Pockets

I went Saturday. It was great! I was like a kid in a candy store. I seen a lot of great knives I had never seen before and also got a chance to actually hold a few that I had been looking at to buy. It's funny how your perception of a knife can change once you see it and hold it.

martin_j001 and Arch Ronin like this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I think we need username patches made so we can find each other in a crowd :)

6. Arch Ronin

Arch Ronin Loaded Pockets

I second the being hot on Saturday but it was well worth it. Also got to see and hold a lot of cool items. Also got to meet a lot of cool people , dirk Pinkerton pat crawford bastinelli. The guys at the hinderer booth were real cool. Also got to see the sword demonstrate by James Williams which was one of the things I really wanted to see since I am a katana gunky. Sadly I did not get the chance to meet up with any of you other guys but that is something that we we will have to fix next year. @SAK that is a really cool idea about the patches with our username on it. Maybe edcforums.com and then our username under it. I would definitely buy one of those.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BigRob and martin_j001 like this.
  7. martin_j001

martin_j001 Loaded Pockets

Exactly why I go....I might have lots of things on my want list, but I can cross some off (and add some on :) ) after being able to handle things myself.

I thought of getting a name tag so I could put my name and forum username on it...but I find that I walk around most of the time staring at the goodies behind the glass or on the tables, not at people so much--not sure if others do the same--especially if I'm only there for a few hours total. Maybe if I knew I'd be there the whole day both days, I wouldn't do that... It might almost work better to do a meet up kind of thing there. Certain time, certain spot kind of thing...??? I know there were folks there from several different forums I'm on, would definitely be cool to put names and faces with usernames.

Anyone else see James Yeager? Saw him over by the GoingGear booth around 3pm or so on Saturday. Had a couple other guys with lots of camera equipment with him. Was kind of surprised to see him at a knife show.

Octane957 likes this.
  8. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    My acquisitions:
    ZT 0770CF
    Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21
    SAK Pioneer... in GREEEEEEEENNN

9. Arch Ronin

Arch Ronin Loaded Pockets

Like that green. meant to pick one up myself and then walked out and realized about half way back to Nashville that I hadn't grab one. Lol the joys of chasing kids while trying to be one yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. Allgrave
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Allgrave Loaded Pockets

I enjoyed it, although I thought the programming last year was better since it included the Living Ready Expo as well. I thought it was hot in the dealer room, although the seminar rooms were nice and cool.

I got an impromptu lesson in kitchen knives by Stephan Fowler, and chatted with Serge Panchenko. Serge was wearing a neat looking one called the Coin Claw that's coming out soon.

I'll definitely be going again next year - maybe if I start saving my pennies now I'll be able to purchase rather than just drooling!

11. Octane957

Octane957 Loaded Pockets

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to actually meet some of the other forum members. I was thinking of doing a shirt, but thought it would look weird. I am the same as you though I spend most of the time paying more attention to the goodies than I do to the people.

It's funny I seen him about the same time at the Going Gear booth. We were standing next to each and never realized it. I really seen some nice stuff this year at the show. Like you I marked some stuff off my wish list after seeing it and also added some stuff.

12. Octane957

Octane957 Loaded Pockets

Great looking knives. I really like that green. To me the pictures doesn't do the green justice. It looks really nice.

Nick4305 and BigRob like this.
  13. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

I absolutely love it. I'm trying to find a sheath for it now so I don't beat it up. My rule is I will carry anything I own.

Nick4305 likes this.
  14. Octane957

Octane957 Loaded Pockets

I need to follow that rule more. I have some knives that are nothing more than shelf queens and it drives me crazy sometimes. I tell myself what is the use of having them if I don't carry them. Then one day I decide I am going to carry one and then all day I worry about messing it up. Kind of crazy I know

That green does look amazing though. I would like to have one in a regular Farmer as that's what I like to collect the most. Of course, I would probably never carry it. :p

BigRob, JonSidneyB and Nick4305 like this.
  15. Firegator9

Firegator9 Loaded Pockets

Wish I saw this thread before bladeshow. I was there from Thursday to Sunday.