1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Black or Blue??

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by umc, Jan 9, 2011.

1. mfmendiola

mfmendiola Empty Pockets

2. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

This is interesting. So in the US black is the main color for pens? Did not know that. Here it's blue, everything is blue. And I find it dull. That's why I wrote in black for the last 10 years till it got forbidden by my boss. :'( But I still prefer black.

3. ericb445

ericb445 Loaded Pockets

any color really, as long as its black. ;)

4. umc

umc Empty Pockets

Problem solved.

Just got word from the chief that blue is ok to use.

Life is good.

Still curious as to what everyones take is so please keep posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse the typos.

5. cameraman

cameraman Loaded Pockets

I use black, mainly by default, as I've never given it too much consideration and most pens come in black out of the package. But as someone pointed out early on in this thread, I do like that blue makes it so easy to distinguish copies from originals. A switch to blue may be in my future.

6. Gornrog

Gornrog Empty Pockets

If it's a choice of only blue or black, I'll go with blue most of the time. The exceptions would be at work when I have to sign things. My favorite ink colour is purple though. I have some cool Waterman and Pelikan Violet inks for my fountain pens, and I never tire of writing with or looking at the colour.

7. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I personally prefer blue but I am a nurse and we are required to document in BLACK ink. So I use buy black ink pens almost exclusively.

8. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

As a EDC'er, I like blue. I have always liked blue ink, even though I like my gear in black. I work as a medic in FL for a private, and they are huge on black ink. However, I kept noticing reports coming in written in blue ink. Some people said it was mandatory to write in black while others said they always use blue, but got bitched at for it. I recently asked one of the head guys if there was a written rule that said we had to use black, and he said no. Plus, a check is a legal document and you can write in blue or black.

I too use fisher refills for just about everything. I prefer gel or rollerball, but the reliability of the Fisher is unbeatable. I had bought a few black Fisher's when I thought black was mandatory, but am going to pick up blue... plus, I think it writes smoother than the black Fisher's.

As far as using your good pens at work in the medical field, I always do. They take a beating, they are easy to disinfect, and they NEVER get used by patients or other medical staff. I carry a patient pen on my person and in my clip board. I have the Benchmade 1100-1 and love it. The cap has started losing some of its retention,but still "snaps" on both ends. I also have a Surefire EWP-03 and that has become my report writing pen as it is a clicky. Not the most comfortable to write and entire report with, but it has good weight and is reliable. The last pen I bought was a Tuff Writer Shorty in Sniper Gray. Love how comfortable it is to write, but the cap has to be held or clipped to my shirt while writing...Oh yeah... BLUE.

9. ntp3

ntp3 Loaded Pockets

Black before blue. The pen itself is what makes a difference for me. If the pen feels right, any color works for me.

10. oldsarge

oldsarge Loaded Pockets

"Vert Empire" by Herbin. The Emperors favorite color. Herbin has been making ink since the sixteen hundreds. If I don't need ink I use a staedler pencil.

11. Maroonandwhite

Maroonandwhite Loaded Pockets

For everyday inks, I prefer Noodler's Zhivago and Walnut. They are both dark enough to pass for black at first glance, but they are actually a really dark green and dark brown, respectively, and give great character to business writing without really jumping out and looking unprofessional.

12. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I use blue so I can tell my copies apart from my originals on my black-and-white copier. It's also nicer when proofreading a document since I can readily see my edits.

13. shokthx

shokthx Loaded Pockets

Ditto here

James

14. xxForceTenxx

xxForceTenxx Loaded Pockets

Black ink for me. 99% of all professional/official documents that need to be signed by me must be in black.

15. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

Black
    Black and Blue

16. Helrazr

Helrazr Loaded Pockets

I found out through much usage in Grad school that blue seems to catch my eye and is easier to read for me.

17. Sparkey

Sparkey Loaded Pockets

I prefer black for notetaking and such, but blue for signing legal, tax, and real estate docs...

18. indigo

indigo Loaded Pockets

+1 black

19. H2O

H2O Loaded Pockets

Black I've found it does copy better then blue.

20. Guarddog
    • In Omnia Paratus

Guarddog EDC Junkie !!!!!

+1 ... which is why I do use blue on occasion.