1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Bikes!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Evilbunny, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

I searched but couldn't find a thread on it I know quite alot of us ride bikes I NEED PICS! Motor or pedal I don't have pics of my dirtbikes :l but here is what I always ride. Sorry for large pictures [​IMG][​IMG]Cheap ebay computer.

mbakes and sungame like this.
  2. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo EDC Junkie!!!!!

It is nice to see other people ride on here. Here is a old pic of one of my track bikes.Cannondale Capo @ 13.6 lbs
    [​IMG]

3. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

I was debating on if I should camo my bike frame and such - woodland marpat or multicam thoughts?

4. WillAdams

WillAdams Loaded Pockets

I've recently begun riding my daughter's bike (a Trek 820) to work --- did find a couple of threads on bicycling here --- search for ``bicycle''.

Still debating on which accessories to get (starting w/ a small underseat bag --- want to get a rack so I don't have to wear a backpack though, and really should get a light and I'd like a trip computer....)

5. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

The cheap one I bought is terrible and I have spent more in batteries than I paid for it $10 $5 a battery. No english manual and such. Buy a decent one if your going to. I am putting a co2 pump on it and panniers soon. and a mount for my gps

6. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I have since changed a few things on it, removed the kickstand, changed the crankset, and changed the pedals, but here's mine.

[​IMG]

mbakes, sungame and flatblackcapo like this.
  7. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I won't get all preachy on you but think about getting a helmet first. A $20 bell helmet will protect you just about as well as a $300 helmet they all have to pass the same tests. The more money you spend the lighter the helmet gets and the cooler your head stays. Ok I won't mention it again. Bike computers just drop the coin on a Cateye and you won't be sorry. They start around 20-25 bucks and they are all reliable and accurate if programed right (it is not hard just read the instructions)
    I say you make your own Evilbunny camo . A Evilbunny stencil and a few colors of your choice BAM! Evilbunny camo!

8. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

Here's mine.

[​IMG]

mbakes and Rattlecan like this.
  9. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

I ride a Focus Black Forest 4.0 (?)

[​IMG]
    sykkel by thesungame, on Flickr (sorry about the horrible phone pic).

Focus is a German brand that sell decent bikes at decent prices. This was the absolutely cheapest bike I could find with good disc brakes, a Shimano XT drivetrain and a decent suspension fork with lockout. Granted, the fork could have been even better, but since I weigh next to nothing, it works great for me.

The Black Forest is a full fledged MTB / trail bike. However, as I cannot afford to own more than one bike, I use it for everything, from trail riding for fun to trips to the store. I guess I ride about 35% trail, 35% gravel and 25% tarmac.

I have forsaken speed and comfort on tarmac for control on the trails, so I run with the Continental X-King tires that came with the bike. They are a bit slower and noisier on tarmac than the Maxxis Cross Mark i had on my previous bike, but way safer in mud or on wet roots and rocks.

All in all, I think this is a fun little bike that also works OK for daily trips around my little rural community. In fact, I am taking it to the fish monger later today!

Last edited by sungame, Nov 14, 2013
    mbakes and Evilbunny like this.
  10. BSR

BSR Loaded Pockets

Here's my SUB (Sport Utility Bike). Bianchi Milano with an Xtracycle Free-Radical extension on the back. Grocery hauling, errand-running, and even used to take the kids to school (they're bigger now). Keeps me out of the SUV and more active.

[​IMG]

11. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Cool! Is the rear luggage rack made from an old skateboard, or does it just look that way? Anyway, it looks really nice!

Personally, I use a bike trailer for transporting kids and groceries. That way, I can use the same bike for trail biking and running errands.

12. BSR

BSR Loaded Pockets

It's sort of meant to look surfboard/skateboard-like, but that's the way it comes from Xtracycle. It has plastic hooks underneath that snap into the aluminum bars to keep the whole assembly rigid. They sell a cushion (not shown) for passengers, or even small strap-in seats for toddlers who might fall off. Or you can just strap stuff to the top.

The Free-Radical is a kit that can be attached to any bike (they have 26" & 700c kits). I got this one second-hand off craigslist and have used it for several years. The nylon pannier-bags on the side are getting worn and have a few holes on the inside but still hold grocery bags just fine. Max load I ever put on it was close to 200lbs (not counting my 215) and that made it fairly challenging to ride around. This particular bike has an internal hub with 8 gears and works well for city biking.

Last year I rigged up speakers on both sides (about 80lbs with batteries) and used it as a portable sound system for some night-time rides and block parties. It's a pretty versatile rig. If I ever have to replace it I will probably opt for a similar bike that's purpose-built like a Yuba Mundo -- it would end up being stiffer and more rugged than my current bike.

sungame likes this.
  13. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

Ugh can't post pictures or a link but if you google bassman project 346 I have one of those in all matt black :)

14. mbakes

mbakes Loaded Pockets

I haven't been riding much since I started training for a Goruck Light:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

goosefacer, reppans and Evilbunny like this.
  15. locknload223

locknload223 Loaded Pockets

16. Ted Andkilde

Ted Andkilde Loaded Pockets

You could experiment with camo tape first to see if you like it.

Cheers, Ted

SAKplumber likes this.
  17. nickcarll

nickcarll Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] my road bike I bought this year. Felt f75
    [​IMG]
    My mountain/race bike single speed vassago jabber wocky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

flatblackcapo and goosefacer like this.
  18. Totaled108

Totaled108 Empty Pockets

How I got my bikes home from a friends house one day.

[​IMG]

flatblackcapo, BSR, Xiii and 6 others like this.
  19. Toyman

Toyman Loaded Pockets

Here's my stable.
    1996 Scott Vertigo LSD - Bought it new, still a comfortable bike on the rocky trails. Rebuilt the Judy XC with speed springs and replaced the rear shock with an adjustable Fox Vanilla.
    [​IMG]

2009 Windsor Cliff 29'er - Had to try out a 29'er, and this was a nicely appointed bike for a reasonable price.
    [​IMG]

1995 Cannondale M500 w/Amp F3XC fork - Bought new and rode a few races back in the '90's. It's my street/rails to trails bike now. Just over 20#, it will always be my favorite. The horns have been removed :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

goosefacer and flatblackcapo like this.
  20. silversixx

silversixx Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    2009 Giant Reign X1-Fox 36r Shocks + more goodies

goosefacer and smoakie976 like this.