1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Big shoutout to Leatherman!

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by zev, Apr 5, 2010.

1. zev

zev Loaded Pockets

Sent them my Squirt S4 about two weeks ago. After years of love the scizzors didn't spring back properly and the tweezers broke (although I had since lost the two parts).

Anywho today Santa has delivered me a brand new (as far as I can tell) S4.
    :rave:

Great Products / Amazing Warranty / Made is the USA
    Leatherman 4 life! :afro:

2. f50fan

f50fan Empty Pockets

Sounds good! I am currently stalling on sending in my two Squirt S4's for a check up and this makes me very optimistic.

3. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

Many years ago I snapped the file on my letherman in half and sent it back. Instead of getting a bill they just sent me a new one, I knew it was new, as the cutting edge on the pliers had gotten a litle bunged up prior while freeing a dog from barb wire, and the cutting edge was perfect when I got it back.

4. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I've got steel handled Micra with scissor troubles that needs to go in(I've had since 1998), so it's great to hear LM has such good customer service.

5. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

That's why I don't understand why multitool manufacturers use rivets. When you send them in for warranty, you are sent a new or refurbished tool as they can't fix yours as they can't remove the rivets. LOL

6. zev

zev Loaded Pockets

Yeah, but I guess they got the message since the new Squirt models use screws. :)

7. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

I borrowed my skeletool cx to a friend on a party to open a bottle, when he gave it back, I just put it in my pocket, but when I came home, I noticed that the blade was severally chipped. Could have killed him at that moment. I checked for a Croatian distributor and sent the CX to them, they returned it, I called them and sent it back, they sharpened the blade, badly , and the screws were of center and crucked. I e-mailed the customer service on leatherman.com, got a new one, and a reply to send the old one back on their expense. Was happy in the end, but the distributor was a pain in the axx. So to all you non-US leatherman fans, if your local distributor gives you trouble, call their “dad” :D

8. patrat

patrat Loaded Pockets

Sent in my old supertool that had broken pliers, it came back a week later at Supertool 300. Great service. Sent in a columbia jacket at the same time, and have not heard a word on it.

9. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

Indeed, but, the MUCH more expensive Juice models still use rivets. :)

10. Atlas

Atlas Loaded Pockets

me too...it was on old, beat up supertool my unlce gave me a while back...im one happy customer

11. Flight-ER-Doc

Flight-ER-Doc Loaded Pockets

Why can't they drill the rivets out?