1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Big(er) G-shock for small wrist

Discussion in 'Watches' started by aicolainen, Jun 29, 2019.

1. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I have a couple of square resin G-shocks, and to be honest I haven´t used them a lot. They have been pure beaters, and great at that, but as soon as the need for a beater isn´t clearly present, I´m usually back to a mechanical watch of some kind.
    Currently my situation is such that I need a beater more or less all the time, and I have been wearing my squeares regularly for weeks. The thing that strikes me after wearing them continously is how well they fit my wrist. My wrists are quite small (6,25”) so not many watches fit well, and even the ones that fit, have a tendency to rotate slightly outward. My G-shocks fit perfectly and stays in place. Combine this with the fact that I don´t need to worry about my watch at all, it´s a just a very nice and trouble free watch experience.

However great these watches are, they are not perfect. No watch is. I do find them a bit boring and all though I prefer thin watches 75% of the time, I sometimes prefer to have something bulky that prevents my jacket cuffs to slde over and hide the information on the screen.
    Now I´m wondering if I have any options to extend my G-shock line up.
    I´ve heard that at least some G-shocks fit smaller wrists than one would assume from their dimensions, but do they wear small enough?
    I like the looks and functionality of the Rangeman, but I guess it might be way to big. The GBA-800 is also interesting and appears to be smaller, but not by much. The new GA-2000 is interesting in that the carbon core case appear to have great buttons and layout. The module itself wasn’t really my cup of tea, but hopefully they release more models based on that case design. These are just some models that have caught my attention, but anything that could fit my wrist is of interest, preferably with front facing light button, but a good button on the side could work just as well.

2. Davidka

Davidka Loaded Pockets

If sauers fit you stick to them. There are many other square Gs out there. All colors and materials. There are the steel squares. A really large verity and price range. You can change the bezel and strap on yours. Maybe add a bumper.

Here's mine (same one):

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David and aicolainen like this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@aicolainen: My wrists are also on the small side -- IIRC, I measured once at 6.9"? At any rate I also avoid the larger watches like the Rangeman, etc.

I have two of the square G-shocks; and as you found they are very comfortable. I like that my shirt sleeves slide over them easily.

I also have one somewhat larger G-Shock; the one sometimes called the "Three Eye Monster". Official model number is the GW6900. Mine is a solar charge; also synchs with the atomic clock. I believe the same case size is available without these features; I also think there are some other G-Shock models that physically are the same but with different screens etc. At any rate, it is of course bulkier than the square ones but I find it comfortable enough. Since it is thicker on the wrist maybe it will give you the fit you are looking for vis-a-vis shirt sleeves etc.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

6.5" wrist size with ...

Rangeman
    [​IMG]

GWR-B1000
    [​IMG]

They are big, but manageable.

5. jhc37013

jhc37013 Empty Pockets