1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best website to buy knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by xdeadheatx, Feb 2, 2010.

1. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Don't know about them, but Grand Prairie Knives (gpknives.com) offers very good prices on Benchmade products and are run by great people.

2. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

3. zenpolock

zenpolock Empty Pockets

i got my benchmade griptillian from cowboyknives - ordered saturday and it was delivered on monday - for only like 6 beans shipping. and the invoice was hand signed.... email was great. i support them!

4. SpyderTex

SpyderTex Empty Pockets

cutlery shoppe

5. QtrHorse

QtrHorse Loaded Pockets

I second the cutleryshoppe.com. They do not have the fastest shipping but his prices and follow up are great.

6. JHB69

JHB69 Empty Pockets

Another good source for SAK's is SwissOutpost.com. Good service and as my children say "super fast" shipping.

7. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

Speaking of stores, anyone knows the store where it would be possible to ask owners to tighten the blade axis on folders?

The reason is, some of nazi knife laws countries have special case of forbidding gravity knives. Which usually involves guys at customs trying to open knives by flicking them, and recently they started doing so while holding the blade instead of the handle too, which will open most of locking folders easily. Tightening the pivot axis prevents that and knives passes customs normally.

Question is, are there sellers that will go this extra mile and bother to tighten the axis?

8. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

Slight digression: I recently sold a knife to a fellow forumite in Australia, who said that they have that problem there. I torqued down hard on the pivot and it went through just fine.

If there are any shop owners reading this thread, please keep this in mind if you offer or are planning to offer international shipping!

9. geegee

geegee Empty Pockets

One Stop Knife Shop.

10. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

I'm petty sure Jon could do that... EDCFS doesn't carry alot of knife brands, but if you're looking to buy Spyderco he's got it. You might also be able to get someone from the forum to play middleman, & lock those pivots down before shipping'em on to you.

11. gerysc

gerysc Empty Pockets

12. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

Has anybody bought a knife from them??

13. southpier

southpier Loaded Pockets

kniveshipfree

kniveshipfree suck in my experience. they may ship free, but they're boning you with pricing. i ordered a knife which came with the wrong sheath and had to fight tooth and nail to get it corrected and shipping charges reimbursed.

when the replacement sheath came (i sent the first sheath back), they sent me knife and sheath. i'm such a jerk i called and sent the knife back (200$). never even got a "thank you". or a reimbursement for the shipping back of either sheath or knife.

i would never recommend kniveshipfree

14. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Loaded Pockets

Ok, so I've had a horrible experience with campsmarter.com. I have filed a complaint wiht the BBB and am disputing charges for several items which were never sent from December. I retract my recommendation of this website.

15. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

16. seawolf69

seawolf69 Empty Pockets

For SOG knives and multitools, I've been using SOG-knives.net. Full range, competitive pricing, and they even offer laser engraving.

17. gerysc

gerysc Empty Pockets

Hi about yourcornerstore.com, you can also check with nutnfancy on youtube, this guy has lots of knives bought from that site. I know that because he mentioned yourcornerstore on his video.

Btw, I personally bought knives from newgraham.com, cowboyknives.com and knivestown.com, they are not the lowest prices in the earth but the customer services is nice, fast shipping and the quality of product is selected. the reason i dont buy from yourcornerstore is due to the availability of the knives i want to buy. they are always out of stock (high demand due to low prices)

18. J.Miracle

J.Miracle Empty Pockets

+1 on Yourcornerstore. bought a few knives there, great prices, decent customer service.
    all in all great store :)

19. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

With yourcornerstore.com, make sure that whatever you're ordering is actually in stock. I've heard more than a few complaints over at candlepowerforums from members who made the mistake of ordering items without first verifying that the items were in stock. If it's out of stock, don't even bother placing an order.

20. The7thNazgul

The7thNazgul Loaded Pockets

I'm going to put in a good word for knifeworks.com here. They have really good prices, and a very good selection. Ebay and Amazon are also good if you know what you are looking for.