1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best waterproofing spray?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ruudr, Apr 15, 2014.

1. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I use the cover listed below for my Rush 12s and Rush 24s as it fits both. You can search for it on Amazon.

Vktech Camping Hiking Backpack Rucksack Bag Waterproof Rainproof Cover

I have two old rucksack covers (I don't remember the make) on my Rush 72s.

2. ruudr

ruudr Loaded Pockets

Thanks Guys for the replies. I think I will pack a Raincover and just to be sure I'll try to spray the pack with NikWax what I also use for my shoes.

3. Spyke

Spyke Loaded Pockets

I use a cheapie that I got at Walmart....Outdoor something? Anyway, it works just fine. Seems like when I have to park the farthest from airport transit at O'Hare airport it is always pouring rain. Raincoat on, pack cover on and just drag my darn suitcase through the puddles once again. Glorious business travel!

4. Shur
    • In Omnia Paratus

Shur Loaded Pockets

Oooo, I want to try that Never Wet on the bottom of a canoe or kayak :)

I'm predicting a hover boat.

5. Brisket

Brisket Loaded Pockets

I have a Badlands rain cover over one of my backpacks and it works well. My Mountainsmith backpack was a built-in rain cover that tucks away in a zippered pocket which is convenient. I also carry a Gore-Tex poncho in my pack that is roomy enough to cover me and my pack. The nice thing about a rain poncho is that it protects the entire pack, straps and belt including everything attached to them (gun, knive, axe, electronics, etc.) where pack covers only protect the outer facing part of the pack. A poncho also takes up less space than a rain shell + pack cover and can also be used as an emergency shelter.

I mostly use Nikwak TX Direct as a Durable Water Repellent treatment for synthetic fabrics. It is recommended by numerous manufacturers of rain shells, footwear and packs/bags and is a good product. I use different products on leather (Obenauf's LP & Water Shield) and canvas (beeswax based wax).

Shur likes this.
  6. dmwhiteman

dmwhiteman Loaded Pockets

I second the nikwax. The have a couple different choices, a spray and a rub. Also a good cover like others have said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

Never wet is garbage. Look at the other videos about it. Looks good for a second. Then you put it to use and find out how it really sucks.

8. Brisket

Brisket Loaded Pockets

Yeah I was really excited about the Never Wet when it was first introduced then I started hearing about it's poor durability and was happy I didn't waste any $ on it.

9. ChopperCFI

ChopperCFI Loaded Pockets

I have a friend that does a lot of canvas boat cover and sun top repairs as a business. He swears by 303 Products - High Tech Fabric Guard for waterproofing. I have never used the fabric spray, but I do use and like their vinyl protectant because it does not contain silicone.

vinniec5 and Jonb74 like this.
  10. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

Used 303 for years Chopper after I had a hard time finding Scotch brand in pure liquid form so I could use it in a refillable Sprayer. works great. The Vinyl protectant is top shelf too great for older seals and moonroof trim that hasn't been treated for a while.

If any of your guys have a Chevy Avalanche or similar vehicle with the hard to keep plastic trim get a couple bottles of Griots "Long Lasting tire dressing" the clear liquid It will take a little time to use a sponge and let it soak in but it will make it look like new and last a long while. It's good stuff