1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best Tactical Pants? Best Value?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by legoman0721, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Forbes/hutton

Forbes/hutton Loaded Pockets

They do look interesting.

But, 5.11 has new pants out (Stryke) that have the stretch of vertx but in a poly/cotton. I'm waiting on two pairs. Most interested in these as the cargo pockets seem higher on the thigh than most. I hate putting stuff in the cargo pocket and then having whatever it is hitting be in the back of the knee with ever step. Seems pants are designed for a 36" inseam then they just hack the bottom 6" off to get a 30" inseam.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/New-Items/Stryke-Pant-Flex-Tac.html

2. superglide537

superglide537 Loaded Pockets

LAPG has the Blackhawk Warrior Wear pants on closeout for $19.99. Good tactical style pant for that price.

3. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

That's a great deal, if they have some in the size/color combo you want. I wish they had my size so I could pick up another pair or two.

4. superglide537

superglide537 Loaded Pockets

They also have the short sleeve and long sleeve shirts on closeout for the same price. Bought a couple of each and they are well worth the $20.00

5. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing the Original 5.11 pants since they were Royal Robbins. Love em! They do fade but I wear khaki, coyote and OD so fadings okay. I wear black Tack Pros at work and they hold their color well.

Sent from my Ally

6. dimeotane

dimeotane Loaded Pockets

I don't know if they're 'tactical' but I really like the cargo pocket kakis I've been getting at Old Navy for $20 on sale. They fit perfect in my size, well made, good quality, and great price when you get the sale. Pretty sure you can get them in blue, green and black as well.

7. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

LAPG has a coupon code Condor20 which gives buyers an extra 20% off the 34.95 for the new Condor Tactical pants - great deal IMO.

The RRP is $49.95. I bought 2 x pairs (they only have Black, Khaki and Navy Blue ATM)

@ US$27.96 too good to pass up for me.

8. mwestjeeper

mwestjeeper Loaded Pockets

Just a note about the LAPG Operator pants. Nice pants, but run very small. I wear a 38 in any other pants, had to send these 38's back for a 40 and even those are a bit more snug than I would like. Also not that fun spending the $$ to send back, and paying shipping again via LAPG policies, for pants that are IMHO mislabeled. I wear 38's, ordered 38's, they sent what in essence were 36's with a 38 label. So I paid an extra $20 in shipping. Annoying.

9. CEB12345

CEB12345 Loaded Pockets

I just got a pair of vertex pants pants. So far they are great.

10. CEB12345

CEB12345 Loaded Pockets

I got a second pair and have been wearing them to work. So far so good. They holding up well.

11. Makaveli

Makaveli Loaded Pockets

Duluth trading fire hose work pants and can't go wrong with their warranty

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

12. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

I work part time in a store that sells tactical gear, and thus I wear tactical pants and shorts a lot (I get it cheap, so why not?). Personally, I like 5.11 taclite pro overall. They carry what I want, where I want, and wear well. The taclite material has been colorfast so far (oldest pair is about a year old or so and TDU green), and, as has been said before, they're mildly water resistant. My full-time job has me out in the field all the time. Not terribly rough, but not office work either, and the taclites have held up really well. Haven't lost a pair yet.

Tru-spec I won't wear. Not because of problems with the design, but simply because Atlantco is obnoxious to deal with and unreliable on orders. Can't bother to wear a product that is sold by a company with such shoddy service.

We also carry Propper, and I've got a few pair of those as well. Their lightweight tactical pant is very comparable to the 5.11 taclite pro and a fair amount less expensive. They are as tough, so far, color-fast, and the pocket layout is solid. I really like the rear pockets, as you have a cavernously deep rear pocket with a smaller pocket inside it up high for your wallet. That is a VERY handy feature IMO. They do not breathe quite as well as the 5.11's, but it's close.

For those who have interest in the Stryke pants, I grabbed a pair, but brought them back the next day. While they are probably one of the most comfortable pair of pants I've worn, they looked awful on me. I'm not a small guy though, and 5.11 builds their products for your typical FBI agent, so not big dudes like me. Still, the fabric was very stretchy and comfortable.

Overall, I think the Propper lightweight tacticals are the best intersect of price and value. they are comparable to 5.11 and less expensive. The 5.11's are nicer in some ways, yes, but I'd be fine with the lightweight Propper tacs. If you want a really lightweight inexpensive pant, check out Propper's genuine gear BDU trousers. They are cut like GI BDU's but of a VERY lightweight material. Can't say how rugged they are overall, but they're supposed to be ripstop. I have a few pair and they've been tough enough so far.

13. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

Received my Condor tactical pants I ordered during LAPG's pre-order special.

Material reminds me of the 5.11 Taclite pants.

The pocket layout is fantastic and the pants appear strong. True to waist size but the pants are a touch long but its no biggie.

Only wear them for work anyway but very happy for the price I got them for.

Really hope they start making more colours.

14. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I've just placed an order for some 5.11 Taclite Pro Pants (Black). I've bought Blackhawk previously, and wanted to try something new.

15. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

+ 1 on the Duluth FireHoses. The crotch gusset is a nice addition to the design of these pants. They run 20% off sales every few months.

16. inmypocket

inmypocket Empty Pockets

5.11 operators are my favorites as long as they are on sale. I am a die hard Carhart fan not tacticool but super well made. I do maint work and love the pockets but I don't get the longevity from 5.11 that I do from Carhart carpenter jeans.

17. JonM1911

JonM1911 Loaded Pockets

I've got 2 pair of TAD Amphib cargo pants. Lightweight, quick drying, tons of pockets (individual pockets inside the cargo pockets, which is great for carrying a flashlight or extra pistol mag), I love em. Wore a pair for a carbine class I took not long ago. Started off in the upper 40's was nice and toasty and by mid afternoon to the end of the day the tempts were prolly lower 70's, I wasn't hot. They were extremely comfortable. Pretty much everything I get from TAD is awesome and well worth the money.

18. Coup de Grace

Coup de Grace Uber Prepared

I want to give the 5.11 jean cut pants a try. Seems to be a good price if you don't buy them at retail, and also, you won't look like a mall ninja.

19. tarditi

tarditi Empty Pockets

Been very satisfied with 5.11 TacLite Pros... comfortable, light (enough), and tough (enough).

20. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

My taclite pros arrived today. They've sent me a size bigger than I ordered though. I haven't tried them on yet as I've spent the past few hours in the ED with my daughter (anaphylaxis!!!). She's home now though.
    I'm surprised at how light they are compared to my Blackhawk Lightweights.