1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best Tactical Pants? Best Value?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by legoman0721, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Dougster

Dougster Loaded Pockets

Oh I'm sold on those. Two pairs in that colour for me.

2. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

It's quite nice to have something originating in Europe for a change. Hopefully they will be available in June.

3. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

echo that.

4. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

Another good thing about living in Europe.

5. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

Then again I know what to look for. Many of the "tactical" pants have re-enforced pocket edges for knives. The 5.11s have a strap to hold a belt worn holster down. With those especially... I have a hard time not saying "why do you wear those?"

6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I must say that I'm not keen on the Blackhawk Ultralight pants....replacement for the Warrior Wear Lightweights???? The loss of the front thigh mag/phone pockets is a bit of a dealbreaker. The Helokon pants look like good fun. I may order a pair after payday....in black of course.

7. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

8. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

Checked for German shops selling the Helikon Tex pants. 85€. No way. :mad:

9. JoeyBones

JoeyBones Loaded Pockets

I saw someone post about how they thought the 5.11 pants were baggy, i bought a pair of their taclight shorts and i actually find them to be pretty slim fitting. Now, I'm kinda in between sizes as I've been dieting and working out, but I bought the same size as 3 other pairs of pants/shorts recently and these were certainly about the slimmest fit I found....however i do load em out...

10. Riggs

Riggs Loaded Pockets

Heard good things about the 5.11 Taclite pro, was going to pick some up, however might just wait until i can get some off these new helikon pants now

11. lpd226

lpd226 Loaded Pockets

I just bought 6 pair of the woolrich elite pants and I love them so far. They feel very heavy duty and are on a great sale at botach right now. I got all 6 pair for about the price of 2. Only downside is sizes are limited.

live free or die trying.

12. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

I got a pretty good deal on a pair a couple weeks ago and am wearing them right now. I also have a pair of the "covert cargo" pants. I like them, especially the hidden pouches behind the front pockets, but they're a little heavy for the summertime. The Taclite Pro pants are definitely lighter. It's the beginning of the day though, and not as hot as it's going to get. We'll see how they turn out.

EDIT: After a lunchtime excursion they seem to be doing better temperature-wise than the "covert cargo" pants were, despite being a much darker color. I have also discovered they are somewhat water-resistant.

13. Forbes/hutton

Forbes/hutton Loaded Pockets

At that price I'll pass. Shame I would have liked to try them. Also haven't seen anyone selling the pants in black yet and I need black pants for work.

I'll wait a couple more weeks for the new 5.11s. (shrug) So I'm a 5.11 geek, what's it to you?

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/New-Items/Stryke-Pant-Flex-Tac.html

14. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

15. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

16. Mr_Moe

Mr_Moe Loaded Pockets

I tell you mate! I was shocked how expensive the trousers are.

17. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

I use the taclight tdu's every day at my full time job and really like them, I wish they had a better back pockets though. They are barley big enough for my wallet, but sense I wear a duty belt and that where most my stuff goes i dont really notice. My favroit feture is the pockets inside of the cargo pockets. theyare designed to carry AR mags, and thereis 2 in each pocket. In my right side one I carry my cell phone in one and my car keys in another, on my left side I carry my wave in one and my work key/keys(keep in mind these are HUGE keys) in the other. THe pants fit me well enough that they dont really swing and slam into my knees as cargo shorts tend to.

At my part time job(sales at Sports Authority) I wear the the Taclite Pros and I really preferr thoes. THey have the real nice slash cut back pockets, and the nice cellphone pocket on the right thight and the knife pocket on the left thigh and the front pockets are real big and deep. my only grip is the cargo pockets are a little small.

18. welly

welly Empty Pockets

I own a pair of 5.11 taclite pants. I don't really like 'em since they tend to be hot while wearing 'em in the sun.
    I prefer my Timberland pants.

19. photoboy2005

photoboy2005 Loaded Pockets

i seen a few people have said tru-specs... im a 5.11 fan but if i didnt have 60 bucks to spend on a pair of pants i would go with the tru-specs... they have alot (ALOT) more room for stuff than the 5.11s do.

20. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

The new Condor Tactical pants look alright. Due for release soon.