1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best protection for IPhone 4S?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by OEM1, Feb 21, 2014.

1. OEM1

OEM1 Loaded Pockets

My company just picked me up a new IPhone 4S. I'm looking for a good sturdy/waterproof, tuff case/cover for it. I have a Lifeproof case for my personal phone. It's ok but I don't love it. Are there any other good options out there besides Lifeproof? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2. John Lee Pettimore
    • In Omnia Paratus

John Lee Pettimore Loaded Pockets

Otterbox Defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tx_Mark

Tx_Mark Loaded Pockets

4. braswes

braswes Loaded Pockets

If you don't have to have waterproof, then the Magpul cases are very inexpensive and very highly rated

5. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I currently have the 4s in a lifeproof case and it survives geocaching and police work, it's tough enough for the job

6. John Lee Pettimore
    • In Omnia Paratus

John Lee Pettimore Loaded Pockets

If you don't need waterproof (and are in the CONUS where I can easily ship with USPS Priority Mail) I have an Otterbox Defender I'll give you for the $6 or so shipping. Since we've upgraded to the 5 & 5S I have no need for it and it's just taking up space in a drawer.

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

When Otterbox made the Defender for the 4 they changed it enough from the one for the 3 to make it not nearly as useful to me.
    The 3 model was fantastic but the model for the 4 has so many spots where debris can get in I found it worse in some ways than not having a case at all!

I also do not love the LifeProof case but at least the phone is sealed inside there.

So I just carry my iPhones now in a less rugged case and that inside a ERipOffs pocket on my belt. So far this has done the job but it is frustrating that for as many iPhones are sold there are so few great rugged case options?

8. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Check out the Mophie. The one with the built in spare battery has 'saved my bacon' more than once. Also, once you have narrowed your choices to the top three or four go to a phone accessory store (I have a Verizon store nearby, for example) and actually physically check your choices out.

9. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I used an Otterbox Defender for mine and it kept it pristine. If a wet environment is in the future, definitely look into the Lifeproof case - one of my crew dropped his into a stream while fishing with no ill effects.

10. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

I would recommend a Griffen survivor series

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

11. Jordan Stawarz

Jordan Stawarz Loaded Pockets

+1 for a Lifeproof case. I have had one on my 4S for over a year and a half and it is the only way my phone has survived. My chocolate lab decided one night that my phone was a chew toy. Ended up finding it about 2 hours after he had it. just took the phone with the case on to the sink and washed it off. The case has seen better days, but my phone still looks brand new.

12. Handa

Handa Empty Pockets

I'd also recommend the Magpul Field Case. If you need it to be waterproof just drop it in an eLOKSAK

13. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

If waterproof is a must, I think lifeproof is definitely the way to go. I've used a multitude of cases, Otterbox Defender, Lifeproof, G-shock Xtreme (my favorite) and a few months ago I started carrying naked. I loved the idea of the lifeproof, but I just couldn't get over the gap between the screen protector and the actual screen, and the fact that it made the phone weirdly tall, it always seemed so unproportional to me. Maybe I'm just OCD on that last part, but the screen gap really made it difficult.

14. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

I use an Otterbox Defender and it works for me. My main reason however was the size making the phone a lot more useable for me.

15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

+3 LifeProof. Not cheap but water proof to so many feet, etc.

I'm really a Plumber, btw;)

16. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Lifeproof nuud ! - no crappy cover over the screen (thats the "fre" model)
    Still waterproof though - love mine on the 5s

SAKplumber likes this.