1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best of the Best Chargers: XTAR Intellichargers!!

Discussion in 'XTAR (flashlights, battery chargers, batteries)' started by XTAR, Dec 19, 2018.

1. XTAR
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

XTAR Loaded Pockets

XTAR is a leading manufacturer in advanced LED flashlights, batteries and chargers and the latter is what we’ll be talking about today. Xtar has produced some truly amazing battery chargers that users fall in love with. One of their lines of chargers, called Intellichargers are awesome, easy to use, and inexpensive.
    So what makes these chargers so special? Let’s take a look at some of their amazing features!
    [​IMG]
    Features of Xtar Battery Chargers

Compatible with Tons of Batteries

The Intellichargers (or D series) are able to charge a wide range of batteries! If you use the multi-bay Intellichargers, they can charge two or more different batteries at the same time with no problem.

Intelligent Auto-Detect Function

The chargers are immediately able to detect the chemistry of whatever battery you put into it and automatically picks the appropriate charging voltage and current. You can also monitor the charging process by referring to the charging indicators located on the charger itself. The chargers will automatically stop charging when the battery reaches full capacity to prevent any overcharge.

Able to Charge IMR Batteries

There is some concern about charging IMR batteries since many Li-Ion battery chargers would overcharge them and lead to safety issues. Xtar Intellichargers (specifically the D2 and D4) incorporate an IMR charging system that monitors the entire charging process and ensures the end voltage is always within safe limits.

Elaborate heat dissipation design:Keep the temperature impressively low during fast charging with 2A.

Unique owl-like UI design: characteristic industry design with LED indicator, both artistic and practical.

[​IMG]

Here are Xtar Intellichargers:

XTAR D2 Intellicharger

This Intellicharger charger 18650 2500mAh battery within 1.5hrs and has a USB port so it’s capable of charging USB devices.

The D2 Charger can charge Li-Ion/IMR/INR/ICR: 20700, 18650,18700, 17670, 14650,21700

XTAR D4 Intellicharger

This is the four bay charger and is capable of charging four different batteries simultaneously. It can charge
    Li-Ion/IMR/INR/ICR: 26650, 22650, 20700, 21700, 18350, 18500, 18650, 18700, 17650, 18490, 17500, 17335, 16340, 14500

Xtar has truly impressed us with this incredible chargers! You can always rely on Xtar to give you the best of the best.

➡️Click here to know more: XTAR|Battery&Charger&Flashlight

Business inquiry email: info@xtar.cc

Join XTAR Group: XTAR Good Times

Nick4305 likes this.
  2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Huh x 2?

3. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

I have quite a number of XTAR chargers, that I've been using, for years:

[​IMG]

There are some Nitecore chargers pictured here, as well.

Of the XTARS, I have:
    • 2 VP2s
    • 4 VC2Plus
    • 2 VC4s
    • 1 Dragon
    • 4 SV2s
    • 1 MC6 (my least favorite of the bunch), and
    • 2 MC1 Plus units.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I keep the MC6, and the two MC1 Plus chargers in the car, for charging on the go, if needed.

I'm not really in any need of additional chargers at the moment lol; but I'm always interested in reading about what new products are being introduced :).

I would love to see an updated version of the Dragon, which could simultaneously charge 4 batteries at 2 Amps, rather than just 2, at a time (even if you had to use a larger power supply, and more bulky heat sinking). Also, it'd be nice to have a slightly smaller readout but give status on all four channels, rather than just two at a time. The readout is gigantic, but unnecessarily so. Would be a lot nicer with 4-channel status at all times. I don't mind that, on the VC4 units, since they're slightly smaller, and far less expensive units; but on the Dragon, more simultaneous info for all 4 slots would be much appreciated.

Aside from that, I love that charger!

Here is a review on the D2, for anyone interested:
    https://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger Xtar D2 UK.html

Thanks for posting about this new product!

Last edited by david57strat, Dec 21, 2018
    #3 david57strat, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Nick4305 likes this.
  4. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

no images available here...

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Since when have Manufacturers been able to blatantly advertise here in the general forums?

6. david57strat

I kind of see it as an opportunity to give feedback on their products, when I see these advertisements. But, I usually see them on other websites - not this one.

7. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

Is this allowed? Blatant advertising ruins the forum :(

8. david57strat

Not really sure. I can kind of see how someone might see some of my thread replies, as an advertisement, since I own so many of their products.No, they don't pay me to comment on their stuff lol, or supply me with anything for free, either. If only...

There’s a sub thread here somewhere where I’ve commented on each new charger purchase, with positive and negative observations, but it’s been a while since I’ve purchased a new charger lol.

#8 david57strat, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  9. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

You are hardly the Manufacturer no matter how big a Fan Boy you might be!

I am pretty sure this would NEVER have gotten by in the old days especially when there is a Manufacturers Forum just for this type of thing in which there is already a spot paid for by this company!

Further the Spam like comments from the Manufacturer including folksy comments about how well people prefer the products as though this is not just advertising only make it an insult to our intelligence and weaken the integrity of the Forum collective to me?

10. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

It is not your reply so much as as the original posts from a mfc. Advertising posts like that undermine the integrity of the forum like EZ Dog said. That type of posting should be restricted to a manufacturer's section or a new product announcement section.

11. david57strat

..."Unique owl-like UI design..."

Kind of made me snicker.

Really? How is that a selling point???

I care that a product works, not how it looks - unless the looks (the layout) make it more practical and effective, in use. I don't want it to look cute. I want it to look useful.

These products look a little too entry level, for my taste. I prefer more than just a bar graph display, on my chargers - like , elapsed time, an estimated percentage of charge remaining, and /or a voltage reading (both would actually be nice).

I'm not really that bothered by the fact that there's an advertisement thread, by the manufacturer, in this particular thread section. If I was a paying member, I would probably be annoyed by it. I'm just grateful that I can get all of the wonderful information that I do, from other members, and sometimes, even manufacturers, themselves - especially when their products are suiting my purposes.

Truth be told, I don't tend to frequent manufacturer's threads, within these forums, and am more likely to be made aware of new products of theirs, like this, rather than otherwise.

When I started buying XTAR chargers, I bought them, in person, from an authorized distributor, that used to be only maybe a ten minute drive, at first (then, maybe five minutes, when they moved closer to me), and I would receive emails from them, about new, or up-coming products; but not any more.

Maybe a moderator could move this to the appropriate spot, and have a word with the manufacturer, to avoid it happening in the future.

12. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

When I originally saw this thread, I thought it was going to be a review by a user. I was disappointed when I saw it wS just blatant advertising by a manufacturer. However, I love reading your posts on chargers. Your documented experience with chargers and objective reviews have helped guide my decisions.

#12 SOS24, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    david57strat likes this.
  13. david57strat

It’s very kind of you to say. I’m glad to have been able to help you decide on some purchases. I, too, have been thankful to have read of others’ experiences with products that interested me, and have always liked that about forums like this.

The continued sharing of information is what keeps me coming back.

Thanks for your kind words :), and Happy New Year!

SOS24 likes this.