1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best light for mechanic

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by MillsHere, Jun 21, 2016.

1. MillsHere

MillsHere Loaded Pockets

Because I want to attach the light with a magnet I need a shorter light. Therefore it would have less runtime than a long 18650 for example. Making it easy to charge everyday and keeping the battery topped off is kind of my way of dealing with a shorter run time.

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thats fine unless like me you need several charges a day and can not really stop what you are doing to charge the light?

I don't know of any light that is practical for heavy use that will not need to have quick battery changes be a part of its plan.

3. MillsHere

MillsHere Loaded Pockets

I made sure before I bought the RC09 that it had enough runtime for a day at medium brightness which is bright enough for most of my needs.

I do have an additional battery I could use to double the runtime or allow me to use a brighter setting but I prefer to leave my charging equipment at home and not be bothered with swapping batteries.

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I understand what you are saying but this just will not work for everyone like it seems to for you.
    I can not afford to rely on charging while I work and a lot of us are in the same boat.

So I am glad that you found a light that works for you but we each have needs that are different.

5. MillsHere

MillsHere Loaded Pockets

Of course. That's what I love about this forum is the diversity of EDC because of people's different needs and occupations.

And if I do need another light I have a work light that runs off my power tool batteries I just don't like to use it because its incandescent and a couple other reasons.

6. Moffett

Moffett Empty Pockets

What job do you have? I use my light all day every day and my light has never run out of juice.

7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Electronics Tech
    I am in and out if racks and ceilings and crawlspaces and attics all day.

Sent from my iPhone don't expect too much