1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best LED drop in up grade for SF E1L and E2.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jwhite75, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

I have a SF E1l and a SF E2 incandescent...I wanna upgrade their LEDs Who can tell me the best way to do that?

2. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

cpl ways to go 1) pick up a Surefire LED head from EBay/Candlepowerforumsmarketplace and just replace the head with an LED head, downside usually even used ones not too cheap 2) go to Lighthound.com and pick out a Veleno designs Drop-in LED for the E-series Surefires 50-60$ with many options light levels and output.

If you care about the colors matching go with the drop-in the Led module goes inside the head as a bulb replacement, if not the led heads for the e-series are usually HA black not HA grey like the older lights

Here's one avail on Ebay that will work on both 1 and 2 -cell lights http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUREFIRE-KL4-LED-CONVERSION-HEAD-BEZEL-ASSEMBLY-FITS-ALL-E-SERIES-LIGHTS-/290650193672?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item43ac19ff08

I put the head from the new e1b on my older incan e1e the body is HA-grey with the black head but i like the older e series knurled bodies easier to grip and not lose

3. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

I wasnt very clear in my post. The E1 is an E1L (LED). JUst wnna juice it up , wanna convert the E2.