1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best Keychain Light?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Austinguy23, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I've seriously cut back on my flashlight spending. Though my next one will be a Klarus Mi X6 model in titanium to be my new keychain light. Lightweight, excellent UI, keychain attachment that isn't going to break. Looking forward to it.

MrOG and Blerv like this.
  2. yatsunil

yatsunil Loaded Pockets

I almost pulled the trigger on the Quantum D2 -had it in my shopping cart with spare batt and extra QTCs for the longest time. FInally I decided that for my minimal use of a keychain light, a Trustfire UF T1 would do. And it has served me pretty well actually.

3. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

I take a practical approach for keychain lights. First I am not a minilalist packer, that is why I favor single AA lights. Button battery, CR123s and AAA batteries either cost to much over time, offer short run times, and generally only fair performing lights.

My personal keychain light duty is shared by a new Fenix E12 and a trusty Olight i2EOS. The E12 has a 130 lumen max output vs. the Olights 70 lumen. Both have useful mid and low settings. That is accompanied by hours of run time on mid and low settings. Both lights meet IPX water resistant standards that is practical for EDC use.

4. O_G

O_G Loaded Pockets

Top 3 keychain lights in the world for me

1. Veleno Designs Quantum D2 - Light weight, perfect moonlight, built in trits, perfect beam. CONS - Short runtime. No modes.
    2. Prometheus Beta QR - AAA, nice UI, very good attachment, pure sunlight tint, copper is sweet, excellent beam. CONS - Heavy and long for AAA. Twisty is meh.
    3. Klarus MIX6 - AAA, Light weight, PERFECT size, Ti + Brass threads, great regulation and modes. CONS - Medium mode first (kills night vision and battery). Blueish-green beam with some rings. No tail standing.

5. HimalayanHitman
    • In Omnia Paratus

HimalayanHitman Loaded Pockets

For me the Muyshondt Aeon, long runtime, nice beam, bright and cool looking :)

6. dml24

dml24 Loaded Pockets

Both models of Myshondt lights are beyond my payscale!! I'll stick with Fenix for now.

HimalayanHitman likes this.