1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best inexpensive tactical pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by SwampDonkey, Apr 24, 2020.

1. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Am I the only one who dislikes tactical and the look of tactical pens?

This is as tactical as I'll go.
    [​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.
  2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

You are definitely not alone. My dislike is twofold: They are fugly and don't fulfill any function I need. That probably makes us a minority on this forum, but I think it puts us in the majority of the population at large.

Nick4305 and smokingfish like this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Same here,I have no idea what I would do to make use of one of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick4305 likes this.
  4. keycutter

keycutter Loaded Pockets

I agree with you as well. I don’t care for the tactical pen. I don’t want a pen for self defense. However I was originally drawn to the pens years ago because at the time they were some of the only pens made with robust pocket clips. That’s obviously no longer the case. Luckily many companies make lots very nice durable pens that don’t have needless weight and dna scrapers or glass breakers all over them. To be clear that’s just not my thing. If you like them that’s awesome more power to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick4305 likes this.
  5. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I’ve owned a Grafton Everyman (given to a family member) and liked it, if a bit on the lighter and smaller side for use as an impact weapon.

I can’t easily find an SCPEN30 online or a Schrade manufacturer website. The SCPENG and BK look good to me. The SCPEN9BK also looks good to me. I seriously doubt that TSA would give you any hassle over it, especially if you put them in a carryon before the screening checkpoint.

6. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I might end up getting both. I was liking the Schrade SCPEN3O for the lame cosmetic reason that it's orange - not some sort of safety thing, I'm just shallow and like the color orange. As for those who question the look and viability - I get it. I don't want one that looks like a mini version of something from the Dark Ages, or Space Force, and I don't really want or need some of the things included in the Schrade (fire starter).

chaosmagnet likes this.
  7. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I carry an orange pen for all outdoor activities. They’re easier to find when dropped.

8. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Loaded Pockets

Whatcha got?

chaosmagnet likes this.
  9. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I’ll be darned if I can find out where I got it or how much I paid. Orange anodized aluminum tactical pen, kinda large but lightweight. I remember it was less than $20, it has a glass breaker tip, a non-posting removable cap, and it has a black pocket clip with script that says “Lingsy” on it. I thought I bought it from The Big River but I can’t find it in my order history.

EDITED TO ADD: Right after I posted this I found one that looks identical on the ‘bay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293271378462?var=592133020277&hash=item4448561a1e:g:3L4AAOSwuxFYt-KD