1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Best inexpensive tactical pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by SwampDonkey, Apr 24, 2020.

1. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Ordered the Right Choice Painting Company Ti Bolt Schmidt Style.. The price seemed too good. ..with 3 lengths to choose from it seems right up our alley on this board.

twin63, echo victor and jcombs like this.
  2. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

These look nice and USA Made, if that’s important to you. $49 for the Shorty with G2 Mini refill does seem like a deal.

twin63 likes this.
  3. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

After @RMinNJ posted the RCP pens I went to their website and ended up buying the Shorty in Ti. There was an option to pick smooth or grooved end cap, I chose smooth and they ended up sending both! Which was a nice touch.

It’s well made with an excellent clip and a smooth bolt action. While well constructed it’s not as heavy or substantial feeling as either my Fellhoelter or Twosun but better finished than the Twosun. The barrel is very smooth and it may be better balanced in hand than the other two. It’s a small pen and may be too small for some. It’s definitely not a tactical pen but very good VFM at the $49 price.
    [​IMG]

aicolainen and twin63 like this.
  4. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

nobody said bic crystal yet?

Tesla and Moshe ben David like this.
  5. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Whoa, I should venture out to other threads more! I'd been looking for updates at the https://j.mp/TRCPC_ig and then looking forward to the Ti bolt pens at the company site, and, for a couple of weeks or so, the ones for the Schmidt refills weren't available, till I checked on the 21st of last month and ended up gettin' one.

So, small world! Oblivious and didn't realize others (here) were looking at the same ones. Obviously, posted about mine elsewhere, yet neat to find where y'all have been talking about these Bolt pens.:D

:cool:

6. Matthew A.

Matthew A. Empty Pockets

I just did the same based on your post. Good Heavens, a tank indeed! In a ZA this is all you’d need, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

Ti Right Choice Painting Co.. I'm stil waiting for mine back.. came with the wrong clip color...choice was take it apart or send it back for Jim to change it. I'll report back when I get it. I can say I really like the narrower girth and it seemed industrial and durable.

8. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

I've got a soft spot for tactical pens. Silly, I know but having a PK Design Tactical Pen, CRKT Williams, Scharade or similar in my jacket or shirt pocket gives me pleasure. Well, as much as a real ink pen. Hence, when wearing a jacket I ofter have two, a proper one and a tactical one.

I think lot of good pointers have been given already. With your criteria I would consider Smith & Wesson tac. pens, Böker's selection and Uzis.

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

9. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

That PK Designs pen looks like it should be standard issue for the new Space Force, crazy looking.

Mark_Trail likes this.
  10. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

@SwampDonkey - Have you seen the CountyComm Anodized (Aluminum) EDC Pendulum Pen? Looks like a recently-new variant of the Ti one shown there; got mine after reading the discussion earlier in that thread...

Anyway, it's in your price range, though maybe too small for your use? Just an idea.

11. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Just as a follow-up, I happened to check out Darriel Caston's ig acct, and the preorders for version 2 of his D Rocket Oval Bolt Pen are now live (as of the past hour). Not in the OP's price range; just fyi about a related writing instrument.

12. Mark_Trail

Mark_Trail Loaded Pockets

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but this sparked me to snap a pic of my mostly carried tac. pens:
    [​IMG]

You could argue that two bottom ones are not tactical, a Cipollini and Concorde Cross. Their sturdy construction however mean that tote them as one. A bit like Nyala Lionsteel Damascus that I’ve been thinking of getting. Close enough

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

twin63 and jcombs like this.
  13. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

Could be wrong, yet that PK Design Lab one sure looks like they don't know how to create a writing instrument for its intended possible other function(s). About as bland, inconspicuous, and useless of a design as a broken-off piece of chalk*! ;)

*Aside - sorta amazing that one could use Elgoog to search for "piece of chalk" and actually find someone who labeled their artwork as such. Then one can find the example, cited initially, where some other site "borrows" said artwork and edits it, doesn't credit the artist, and then asks that others make sure folks are redirected back to them - see the request for attribution there... ??? That's messed up.:rolleyes:

Mark_Trail likes this.
  14. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Will you get one?

15. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

I like the design - got the aluminum version of the 1st version of the D Rocket Oval Bolt pen, which he farmed out to Böker Plus, and would want to try this one out, yet don't have the funds atm - just sprung for Will's Side Click, so others'll hafta wait.

What do you think of it?

16. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

So @Bad Company, got an answer from the past - was actually searchin' the site for any Sunderland Mk1 mentions (usin' Elgoog w/ "site:edcforums.com Sunderland Mk1", minus the quotation marks), since I'm finally gonna get one, and found some hits in this other thread. So I looked around those pages for more discussion, and got side-tracked, and found one of your posts. Thanks for the insight, way after the fact!

Bad Company likes this.